PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an ARB pump

RockRunner
04-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Anybody have one they aren't using anymore? Looking to get into the ARB lockers again. Heck for that matter anybody have an ARB locker for a high pinion? or a complete high pinion set up???

Red_Chili
04-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Pick up one of those Pep Boys compressors for, what, fitty bux? Get two, you'll have a spare. They make great on-board compressors and last quite a long time, especially if you jettison the internal relay (the weak point) and bypass the on/off switch (which you will do anyway for on-board. Use a Radio Shack 30A 12V relay and a 30A circuit breaker, done). You could buy six of 'em for what an ARB costs.

If you want bulletproof google yourself a 40A 12V relay.

RockRunner
04-06-2011, 03:10 PM
True dat. May have to take a look at that.

Air Randy
04-06-2011, 08:22 PM
You can do that, or you can spend $137 and get the ARB setup and install it once. That price includes the compressor, pressure switch, on/off switch, wiring, etc.

If it were me, since you have the space, I would also pick up a small 1 gallon air tank. Thats what I have on Meanie and you can turn the compressor on first thing, then cycle the lockers all day long and you never have to listen to the compressor run again.

RockRunner
04-06-2011, 10:19 PM
That is what I was looking at. I need to take a closer look at the two ARB's and see what the pressures are and how long it would take to fill a 2.5 or 4 gallon tank for future use.

The $137 isn't to bad since it includes all the other parts. I will need to price the stuff out separately and see what that will cost including an inexpensive compressor.

Air Randy
04-07-2011, 07:47 AM
I have the larger ARB compressor suitable for airing up tires on the Mule. The Mule has a 2.5 gal tank and from empty to full (90psi) its about 2.5 minutes. I can air up all 4 of the 37's from 4 psi to 25 psi in about 20 minutes. The Meanie has a 1 gal tank but it also has a 100% duty cycle rated viair compressor. Even the small tank is nice because you can run your lockers all day without listening to the compressor run (unless you have a leak somewhere) and when you're airing your tires its building pressure as you move from 1 tire to the next.

Red_Chili
04-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Sorry Tom, I thought all you wanted was the compressor. If you need all the other hoo -haw the mini ARB is a good deal (140 +/- is best I found) but don't try to inflate a tire with it (or too big of a tank for that matter). Very minimal output.