PDA

View Full Version : Live thread - Downtown 4x4 recovery.

Inukshuk
04-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Downtown 4x4 recovery underway. Alley between 15th & 16th & Wynkoop & Wazee - that Tattered cover alley.
Escalade drove out of garage and into open trench. Tow truck just arrived. A construction worker tried reverse - that did not work.

Inukshuk
04-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Its out. That was amusing. We could have done better faster. I'll post the pics later when I can download them.

Rock Dog
04-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Downtown 4x4 recovery underway. Alley between 15th & 16th & Wynkoop & Wazee - that Tattered cover alley.
Escalade drove out of garage and into open trench. Tow truck just arrived. A construction worker tried reverse - that did not work.

2 words "Highlift Jack" :hill::hill:

Uncle Ben
04-07-2011, 02:17 PM

1 word....dumbarse!

Inukshuk
04-07-2011, 09:31 PM

Yes

1 word....dumbarse!

and yes. But the lady was holding a baby and I felt kinda badly for her. But as you can see, it was a big hole. The garage ramp and change to bright outside light probably made it very difficult to see.

The construction workers did try to back it out, but the rear wheels just spun. The front left was stuck good. It literally popped out (They should have let some air out after tensioning the hoist)

They hoisted from the front right and I could not tell if they were grabbing the body or frame.

It was a new Mercedes GL SUV. That's gonna be expensive!

kurtnkegger
04-08-2011, 08:12 PM
A little ol' hole like that...I can see how it can easily be overlooked...:eek:

MDH33
04-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Daniel, is your firm going to get some business from that lady when she sues the construction company for not covering or blocking that hole? ;)

Inukshuk
04-08-2011, 08:49 PM
we were going to fold business cards into paper airplanes and toss them out the window.

:birthdaypresent: :birthdaypresent:

MDH33
04-08-2011, 08:57 PM
we were going to fold business cards into paper airplanes and toss them out the window.

:lmao: That would have been perfect. :lmao:

bh4rnnr
04-09-2011, 07:54 AM
Dang, this is what I get for being at work yesterday....

RockRunner
04-09-2011, 08:04 AM
I don't know if I would have seen that hole driving out of the garage. Like some one said, dark to light and you are looking right or left. Wonder if they had a sign there stating there was work being done or that the exit was closed.

Looks like somebody messed up bad.

Inukshuk
04-09-2011, 08:17 AM
I don't know if I would have seen that hole driving out of the garage. Like some one said, dark to light and you are looking right or left. Wonder if they had a sign there stating there was work being done or that the exit was closed.

Looks like somebody messed up bad.

It was a totally unguarded hole for at least the moments it happened. Big screw up.