PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

4x4NEX
04-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Very cool Forum, I found this while searcing Ham Radio and 4x4'n.

Junt wanted to place a quick post and say hi I will be reading and searching past post for information about Ham Radio Use in Moab. I live in Norther Utah and have been going to Moab since before I could walk or talk. Last year was the first time in 11 years or so that I returned to Moab. I took my two girls and wife (who I met in Moab). Our girls have fallen in love with Moab and we returned agian this year for more fun. This time I worked in some 4x4'n thanks to my youngest who cut her leg open and needed 6 staples to close it. She did not cry or scream, she is one TUFF chick!!

We did the very easy Gemini Bridges (first time on it without my Mt Bike) road and then went into Canyon Lands. We went down the Shafer Trail a short distance until my wife and oldest girl made me turn around. Looking down into the flat land and seeing the 4x4 road got me thinking about a trip down the White Rim road, and it got me thinking about getting my Ham Radio in our new used 4x4.

It is nice to see off roaders using the Ham Radio's, I am not aware of many groups who do. I think they are very under used, my borther who hunts alot alone finaly got his ticket and has been using his on his 2 week hunts he does alone. I use mine every year on Yellowstone lake and when we backpack into the Uintas.

Looking forward to learning from you all and getting advise on Ham coverage in the Moab area.

Hope you forgive me for not having a toyota. I do like them, I will have to share my Lions Back story some time invovling several toyotas.

Keep your wheels turning

MDH33
04-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Welcome to our forum. :thumb:

Although we're a Toyota club, we welcome everyone, and we also try our best to be good stewards on trails in our home state as well as our neighbor, Utah.

We have a huge group of Hams in our club, and many very knowledgeable folks. I hope you find some good info here about Ham and 4 wheeling.

:thumb:

RedCreeper
04-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Welcome, there is a stray or two that own other means of transportation. hehe

TIMZTOY
04-11-2011, 04:30 PM
welcome, to the club..

farnhamstj
04-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Welcome.

rover67
04-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Howdy, and welcome!

Yes, most of us are HAM fans here. It has been a proven method of communication on lots of trail runs and on long trips.... I'd say it has helped several folks out of jams!