PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Beck Tonight

pmccumber
04-15-2011, 06:44 PM
I can't believe I'm seeing Jeff Beck tonight. Simply can't believe. :)

Crash
04-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Believe it! What you won't believe is how incredibly good he is live. That and he never touches the tuning knobs. Unbelievable for how he shreds and bends the strings. Let us know how good the show was.

RockRunner
04-16-2011, 10:26 AM
So let's hear the report already!! How was it??? Did you make a bootleg DVD??? Come on man give us a few crumbs..................

pmccumber
04-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Fantastic!

First, his band was outstanding. That gal playing bass might have been the best I've ever seen. And that drummer was the best I've seen that wasn't touring with Frank Zappa or Tool. Great keyboards too.

Second, I've never seen somebody make a guitar sing like that. And all across the board. He did several very familiar songs (Somewhere over the Rainbow and A Day in the Life) where he played the vocals parts on the guitar. Just beautiful. He layed down some traditional blues including a stunning cover of Stevie Ray, some early stuff, but I'd say he did more of his recent stuff than anything. Jazz-fusion, melancholy, you name it.

I was amazed at the diversity of the playing. I absolutely adore Frank but Mr. Beck is the best electric guitar player I've ever heard. Frankie's bands were bigger and more dramatic but this was worth much more than the price of admission.

Want a great DVD of Jeff Beck? Rent live at Ronnie Scott's. Or better yet, buy it. Vinnie Colaiuta on drums is worth a Benjamin alone. A Jeff really lays it down in the show too.

Rock Dog
04-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Fantastic!

First, his band was outstanding. That gal playing bass might have been the best I've ever seen. And that drummer was the best I've seen that wasn't touring with Frank Zappa or Tool. Great keyboards too.

Second, I've never seen somebody make a guitar sing like that. And all across the board. He did several very familiar songs (Somewhere over the Rainbow and A Day in the Life) where he played the vocals parts on the guitar. Just beautiful. He layed down some traditional blues including a stunning cover of Stevie Ray, some early stuff, but I'd say he did more of his recent stuff than anything. Jazz-fusion, melancholy, you name it.

I was amazed at the diversity of the playing. I absolutely adore Frank but Mr. Beck is the best electric guitar player I've ever heard. Frankie's bands were bigger and more dramatic but this was worth much more than the price of admission.

Want a great DVD of Jeff Beck? Rent live at Ronnie Scott's. Or better yet, buy it. Vinnie Colaiuta on drums is worth a Benjamin alone. A Jeff really lays it down in the show too.

I got to go to the show as well! and it was simply awsome.. He made the guitar cry, sing, laugh, talk, and then he really started to jam!! what a guitar virtuoso!!!

I really liked the Bass player as well, but thought the young girl that was on Live at Ronnie Scott's may have been just a wee bit better... The Drummer kicked butt! He definitely knew how to pick the right group of musicians to tour with.

Even the warmup guy was really good.. He walked out with what looked like an acoustic guitar, and played the heck out of it like an electric guitar...
He made a comment that he would have come out and juggled eggs to be the warmup for Jeff Beck....