PDA

View Full Version : looking for reputable toyota shop P0300

girraffe
04-24-2011, 12:28 PM
My wife's 100 is running incredibly rough and throwing p0300, p0303, p0304, and p0308 misfire codes. Replaced all the spark plugs, coil pack in # 3 and 4 and injector in 4 so far. I don't have the time to troubleshoot any more and need to find a reputable shop that won't rip my wife off when she takes the truck in. If I had more time I would do it myself.

Anyone have any suggestions. I'm am in south east aurora so the closer the better

Thanks.
Matt

TIMZTOY
04-24-2011, 07:04 PM
take it to any toyota dealer. there not over priced like ppl think, there labor is actually cheaper than most ppl assume.. its just the parts that cost more.. becuase there orgional.. but they also see the issue your experancing every day. and know exactlly what the issue is and how to fix it.. which means that your going to get your truck back faster, and fixed the first time..

Art Volmer
04-24-2011, 09:51 PM
If you are looking for an Independent shop try Jesse owner of ATLR 303-487-6195. He has a small shop and is trustworthy. Here is his website http://www.atlr.net/

thefatkid
04-24-2011, 09:52 PM
take it to any toyota dealer. there not over priced like ppl think, there labor is actually cheaper than most ppl assume.. its just the parts that cost more.. becuase there orgional.. but they also see the issue your experancing every day. and know exactlly what the issue is and how to fix it.. which means that your going to get your truck back faster, and fixed the first time..

Work at a Toyota Dealer? :rolleyes: don't worry, So do I :lmao: The price can be hard to deal with. $125 an hour kills.

From the sounds of it, I'd guess you overheated it at some point. Those coil packs don't like that high of temperatures and will typically fail over time. Replace one, couple weeks later another one goes. I have not seen many head gasket issues with those, usually external leaks, could be though.

1st, play the coil swap game and see if the misfire follows. if not....
2nd, have a bore scope performed with a coolant pressure test and compression check
3rd, swap the injectors around, a 2uz is not that difficult

subzali
04-24-2011, 09:56 PM
I've used Toy Car Care on multiple occasions as well, they're off Arapahoe and Potomac.

TIMZTOY
04-24-2011, 10:15 PM
Work at a Toyota Dealer? :rolleyes: don't worry, So do I :lmao: The price can be hard to deal with. $125 an hour kills.

yep. :) but most shops charge from $90-140 per hour.. so 125 is pretty reasonable

Romer
04-24-2011, 10:57 PM
On arapahoe rd and Potomic is toy car care. They are good guys and I take our vehicles there sometimes

girraffe
05-11-2011, 10:15 AM
On arapahoe rd and Potomic is toy car care. They are good guys and I take our vehicles there sometimes

yeah took the truck there. they did good work and were pretty fast too. thanks guys.

Red_Chili
05-11-2011, 10:37 AM
But what was it?

girraffe
05-11-2011, 03:08 PM
turned out to be another 2 bad coil packs. i should probably order the fsm before these types of things cost me more money... there is a test in the fsm for the coil packs right??