PDA

View Full Version : On the off-chance anyone has any info...

coax
04-27-2011, 01:59 PM
I got the following link via linked-in from a colleague at a previous job. I don't know any details, but apparently her son has gone missing, so I wanted to post up here since a number of folks get up into the mountains. He is living in an ambulance-converted-to-RV, with license plate CO 470-WUR

http://singleagainonlinediary.blogspot.com/2011/04/missing-24-year-old-med-student-living.html

Inukshuk
04-27-2011, 10:38 PM
They just posted: "Matt was rescued in a canyon in Arizona. He's disoriented and hasn't eaten for 36 hours. We are going to pick him up. Thank you for all the support, thoughts, and prayers."

What is really strange for me is that just this weekend in Steamboat I saw an ambulance and thought an old one might make a great conversion project - but that it would be awfully heavy.

corsair23
04-28-2011, 01:54 AM
Wow...I didn't get the impression anyone was looking for him very far from Denver...Certainly not down in Arizona :confused:

coax
04-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Yea pretty crazy. Maybe I'll get the full scoop sometime on what actually happened. If he was actually canyoneering I could see gettin trapped by early spring storms or something.

As for the camper, this is the 2nd person I've heard of converting one. Apparently they sell them for fire-sale prices when they are due to be replaced. Pretty cool idea.

rover67
04-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Man, glad he was located and was reasonably OK. That's wonderful news.