PDA

View Full Version : Emission test due...in need of smaller tires

BugEater
04-29-2011, 11:08 AM
I need to have an emission test done next month and I am running 35's on my '96 LX450. Anyone have smaller tires that I could swap out for the test? I'm located up in the north, Broomfield area. Can compensate for your time and troubles. Thanks.

1loudLX
04-29-2011, 11:39 AM
I had to do the same. These tests are so dumb.

Uncle Ben
04-29-2011, 11:50 AM
I have a set on 97 FZJ 80 wheels handy and ready to bolt on. I'm in Louisville.

TIMZTOY
04-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Rockrunner has a set of 33's that he had to borrow from someone in the club, he already did his test, so he dosent need the 33's anymore.. contact him and he'll tell you who's they are

BugEater
04-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks guys! I'll work a time out with Uncle B., hopefully this weekend.

BugEater
04-30-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks to Uncle Ben I was able to slap on some smaller tires and get the emission test done this morning. I was pretty sure that it would pass, but was afraid that they would fail it do to some exhaust/cat work I had had done last year. The shop I had taken it to removed the original 2 cats and installed one cat in their place...they had assured me it would pass, so I went ahead and had the work done on the condition that if it didn't pass they would do the extra work to bring it back to code. Passed with flying colors......they didn't even look under the vehicle to examine the exhaust and cats!:D Thanks again to Uncle Ben for the use of the tires:thumb:

calphi27
04-30-2011, 07:03 PM
wait what is this bs about tire size?

Uncle Ben
04-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Thanks to Uncle Ben I was able to slap on some smaller tires and get the emission test done this morning. I was pretty sure that it would pass, but was afraid that they would fail it do to some exhaust/cat work I had had done last year. The shop I had taken it to removed the original 2 cats and installed one cat in their place...they had assured me it would pass, so I went ahead and had the work done on the condition that if it didn't pass they would do the extra work to bring it back to code. Passed with flying colors......they didn't even look under the vehicle to examine the exhaust and cats!:D Thanks again to Uncle Ben for the use of the tires:thumb:

Glad it worked out! It is totally luck of the draw if they read the emission sticker on the underside of the hood and see that it needs two cats. Now that you passed the random hopefully they will be happy with road side from now on!

Uncle Ben
04-30-2011, 07:21 PM
wait what is this bs about tire size?

Legally they can't dyno if you vehicle has 35" or larger tires. The safety rollers are not designed for larger tires.