PDA

View Full Version : Free FJ40 T-case internals

teamextreme
05-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Cleaning out the garage for my next project. Need to get rid of the remains of my 4speed t-case that exploded in Moab a few years ago. The case broke in two, so I've torn it down and have all the internals pulled out, which look fine. Can't bear to throw out Cruiser parts, so hopefully someone who is into rebuilding these can use the parts.

Rzeppa
05-10-2011, 10:17 AM
I'd be interested! They don't take up much space and you never know when you need some doo-dad or other.

teamextreme
05-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Got a PM a day before your post Rzeppa, so I'm giving him first dibs. If it doesn't work for his 3 speed case and he doesn't want them, you can have it.

Rzeppa
05-11-2011, 08:49 AM
That is odd - most people do it the other way around. The 4 speed case itself is stronger than the 3 speed case, but the low range in the 3 speed case is 2.3:1 instead of the 2:1 of the 4 speed case, so what people do is load 3 speed gears into the 4 speed case.

:confused:

bendele
05-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Not all that odd, I didn't want the gears or internals.
I'm planning to switch my 3spd from vacuum shift to manual.
I thought the 4spd manual shift would work on the 3spd but after a bit of online research, that doesn't appear to be the case. I could possibly change the front output cone but will likely keep hunting around for a 3spd version. There's another guy that may have one, I need to check in with him as he was out a Moab last week.

As for the case strength, not a big deal for me. Mine's pretty much a street truck.... It's okay, I can admit it :)

teamextreme
05-11-2011, 07:35 PM
It's yours if you want it Zepp. PM me to exchange info.

teamextreme
06-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Never heard back from you Zepp, I really want to get rid of these to get the garage finally cleaned up. You still interested? If not, they're available to anyone else.

RLMS
06-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Never heard back from you Zepp, I really want to get rid of these to get the garage finally cleaned up. You still interested? If not, they're available to anyone else.

Ill take them if zepp does not! Would you be willing to to put them in a box? I can have fed ex pick them and ship them to me!!

Thanks

Justin

Rzeppa
06-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Hi Murray, let Justin have them. He would likely put them to good use sooner than I would.

RLMS
06-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Hi Murray, let Justin have them. He would likely put them to good use sooner than I would.

Sweeet!!

teamextreme
06-23-2011, 02:18 PM
PM sent Justin.

teamextreme
12-01-2011, 04:03 PM
I never did get rid of these parts. I boxed them up for Justin, but never heard back from him on picking them up. Is anyone going to be at Toys for Tots this weekend that wants to take this box of t-case parts?

Rzeppa
12-07-2011, 05:58 PM
I'll be at the meeting tonight. I can take them then, and if Justin wants them I'll give them to him next time I see him, otherwise I'll just take care of them until someone needs something.

nuclearlemon
12-07-2011, 06:56 PM
I'll be at the meeting tonight. I can take them then, and if Justin wants them I'll give them to him next time I see him, otherwise I'll just take care of them until someone needs something.

Itook them to justin last weekend

teamextreme
12-08-2011, 02:48 PM
All taken care of, thanks Ige.