PDA

View Full Version : Wanted 80 series front Hub

Romer
05-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Mine was damaged during CM and need just the hub

Haku
05-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Mine was damaged during CM and need just the hub

The wheel hub (aka where the wheel bearings get mounted in)?

If so, Yota Jim's had a couple a few weeks back just sitting in the back of one of the FJ80's he has. The axle is torn out of the front of the thing, but a bunch of the pieces of it are sitting in the cargo area. I think I paid $25-30 for the one I got with just the wheel hub part and no rotor or anything else.

If you need a lockout hub then sorry, I don't have any leads on those beyond asking Jim's or Yota Yard if they have one, or switching to IFS ones and going to a Upull. Not even sure if that works on a 80 series, and its rather spendy since you have to buy the chromoly hub gears from Longfield (at least for a Mini solid axle, which I imagine is the same idea).

Romer
05-09-2011, 12:44 PM
The wheel hub (aka where the wheel bearings get mounted in)?

If so, Yota Jim's had a couple a few weeks back just sitting in the back of one of the FJ80's he has. The axle is torn out of the front of the thing, but a bunch of the pieces of it are sitting in the cargo area. I think I paid $25-30 for the one I got with just the wheel hub part and no rotor or anything else.

If you need a lockout hub then sorry, I don't have any leads on those beyond asking Jim's or Yota Yard if they have one, or switching to IFS ones and going to a Upull. Not even sure if that works on a 80 series, and its rather spendy since you have to buy the chromoly hub gears from Longfield (at least for a Mini solid axle, which I imagine is the same idea).

Thanks,

Thats exactly what I am looking for

Uncle Ben
05-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Thanks,

Thats exactly what I am looking for

What....you didn't answer the question. The spindle hub OR the drive plate?

treerootCO
05-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Spindle hub, the drive plate has already been replaced.

Uncle Ben
05-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Spindle hub, the drive plate has already been replaced.

I think there is a couple at Blakes. If interested I could go look tomorrow...

Romer
05-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Thanks Kevin and Mike. I thought I amswered hub vs lock-out, aka the wheel hub, mind still foggy from being back at work :)

I will try and make it to the yota yard this week. Not sure where yot Jim's is. I'll let you know if I come up dry.

Red_Chili
05-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Yodajims.com
it's closer to you and you'll pay less!

DaveInDenver
05-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Yodajims.com
it's closer to you and you'll pay less!
True dat. Now that the lot across Walnut from Yotayard is all pretty I'm sure property taxes are pushing up the prices on all that old junk. :-)

Ken, Jim's is roughly near I-70 at Smith Rd and Colorado up in Park Hill.

Haku
05-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Yoda Jim's is on 42nd and Jackson near Colorado Boulevard, not hard to find at all. They are definitely my preference since I think they know their stuff better and its easier to find stuff there. They have always done me well.

p.s. Not sure if people know this but Yota Yard was started by Jim's ex-wife after they got divorced.

Romer
05-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks Guys. I have a map printed out, may not get there till Friday with work. I'll let you know.

Red_Chili
05-10-2011, 04:01 PM
p.s. Not sure if people know this but Yota Yard was started by Jim's ex-wife after they got divorced.
Not exactly. They started it together (or he started it, hired her, and they got hitched, not sure), Jim got injured there (or somewhere) and was hobbling around on a shattered leg. The pain meds got to him (happens easier than you think). She left him and took Yota Yard in a rather bitter divorce, and now runs it with a friend AFAIK.

No defense or accusations intended. But that's pretty much what happened. Jim got his life straight and took the energy and skill that started Yota Yard and is building Toyota Jim's. He has always treated me very well and stood behind his products to his own hurt.

ajax
05-18-2011, 06:22 PM
id vote for jims, cheaper