PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Row Seat Belt Question

LETSROLL
05-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Hi All,

I removed the 3rd row seats from my 80 along with the seat belts. After removing the straps and shackles for the shoulder harnesses, I see there's a large bolt fitting available for me to use as a tie down point. Does anyone have a suggestion on a way to rig up a mount point? Ideally it would be big enough for a strap or a hook set up?

Thanks, John

Jacket
05-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Are you asking about ideas for bolting something that could serve as a anchor point? I think the simplest plan would be a piece of angle iron with two holes drilled in it (one to mount; one for lashing).

LETSROLL
05-11-2011, 01:57 PM
I guess I am. I figured I wasn't the first, so I was hoping someone had the parts or a source for parts that I could go get.

Are you asking about ideas for bolting something that could serve as a anchor point? I think the simplest plan would be a piece of angle iron with two holes drilled in it (one to mount; one for lashing).

Corbet
05-11-2011, 02:35 PM
how about a climbing bolt anchor. Don't know if the OEM seatbelt bolt will fit but an idea. Pic below.

Metric hoist ring? http://www.mcmaster.com/#hoist-rings/=c9fc9w you'll need to determine the thread size and pitch.