PDA

View Full Version : Honor Roll Truck..

TIMZTOY
05-11-2011, 10:08 PM
well i didnt study for the test at all and just went in blind..

LOL

i went into the etesting station tuesdsay after having to get my truck out of inpound.. because a cop pulled me over for expired plates.. lol they were over a year expired.. :hill: so he had it towed and said that he had no choice.. because i would have to get a temp tag inorder to get it out. well being broke as i am. i had just enough cash by $0.83 to get the temp tag and get her out of inpound. later that day i sold some thing i had on craigs list and got enough to take the etest.. and failed the nox only and ace'd everything else.. :blah: well the reasoning for the fail was one of 2 reasions, or 2 of 2.. first was the truck was currentlly overheating when i went in for the test ( radiator half empty ) and the other was that my timing was set at 17.5 deg.. :gaah: so when i got er home i added some water, and reset the timing to 14 deg, and re adjusted the idle down from 1040 to 720, re checked the timing now 16 from adjusting idle. so i readjusted to 14 and rechecked idle.. and all is good.. :headbang: then after working w/ tom i headed to take the retest and she passed with all A's :hill:

the numbers before adjusting timing and coolent was (in order)
1.1 of 5.0
1.5 of 55.0
7.2 of 6.0

for refrence

Hulk
05-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Towed away out from under you. That sucks. Good job for passing emissions!

TIMZTOY
05-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Towed away out from under you. That sucks. Good job for passing emissions!

yes it does, but thanks

Rzeppa
05-12-2011, 01:56 AM
What kind of cop? State trooper? City of something? Deputy?

I got pulled over in Morrison back in the 80s by a stater for expired plates 'cause I couldn't pass emissions (this was my 76 FJ40). My plates were over a year and a half expired! That gave me the impetus to do the repairs to get 'er through emissions and get the plates renewed. I went in to court and showed my paperwork and I was on my way, but impounding? That seems really extreme!

corsair23
05-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Sheesh Tim...Time for some good luck to come your way bud :hill:

Glad it all worked out in the end...

TIMZTOY
05-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Sheesh Tim...Time for some good luck to come your way bud :hill:

Glad it all worked out in the end...

yea i could use some g:twocents::twocents:d luck