PDA

View Full Version : Henry Mountains: July 2nd-5th

bh4rnnr
05-15-2011, 12:37 PM
Planning on doing my usual 4th of July trip to the Henry Mountains in southern Utah. The 4th falls on a Monday, so i'm planning on heading out Saturday some time and probably head home on the 5th. Planning on base camping at my usual spot below Nasty Flats, then exploring each day. This year i'd like to see how things look and possibly check out the Hanksville firework show from the top of Bull Creek Pass:blah:

:beer:

Inukshuk
05-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Very maybe. Perhaps for gas prices :( :eek: we can carpool. Plus, this trip would give me the chance to feel the desert summer heat like we were talking about.

Too bad your photos don't show how scenic it is. ;)

Caribou Sandstorm
05-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Bummer I am in AZ for a total Caddy Shack 4th of July and then in So Cal for a wedding/surf...

"Ahoy Paloy!"....."I always wanted to be a Senator"......"The world needs ditch diggers too."...."hey, what is that? Pick that up"

I could go on forever, sorry for the highjack.....

Inukshuk
05-22-2011, 11:21 AM
What do you think about leaving Thursday night or Friday morning and coming back Monday night? Its just easier for me and most people to take off the Friday before July 4th weekend rather than the Tuesday after.

PS. Added to RS Calendar.

bh4rnnr
05-23-2011, 08:48 PM
What do you think about leaving Thursday night or Friday morning and coming back Monday night? Its just easier for me and most people to take off the Friday before July 4th weekend rather than the Tuesday after.

PS. Added to RS Calendar.

I'd be down with that. Only reason I was planning on the dates I posted was to be able to watch the Fireworks while still out in the Henrys.

dan1554
06-06-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm interested in this - might be a good shakedown for Outlaws. Either Fri or Tues works for me.

CardinalFJ60
06-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Glad you're planning to do this one Daniel! you won't be disappointed. this is a great bunch to run with.

Unfortunately - I won't be on this one...but still on tap for Outlaws. ;-)

bh4rnnr
06-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Did you two post this from the same computer:confused::hill:

I'm interested in this - might be a good shakedown for Outlaws. Either Fri or Tues works for me.

Hope you can make the run, i'm sure you'll have a good time:thumb:

Glad you're planning to do this one Daniel! you won't be disappointed. this is a great bunch to run with.

Unfortunately - I won't be on this one...but still on tap for Outlaws. ;-)

Bummer, but good to here about Outlaws:cool:.

dan1554
06-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Hope you can make the run, i'm sure you'll have a good time:thumb:

Word. Just submitted for the time off, both the 1st and the 5th, so again either works for me. I'll probably just take one off to prepare or recover. :beer:

Its like Christmas with all the gear I've got coming in, so this will be a great test.

bh4rnnr
06-19-2011, 01:33 PM
So as much as I was looking forward to this run and wanting to get back out there, gonna have to canle this year. I need to really focus on Outlaws this year. I'd still like to get out for the 4th weekend. Was thinking about going and checking out an old mining flume outside Frisco and then check out the fireworks from Evans?:blah:

Inukshuk
06-20-2011, 10:20 AM
So as much as I was looking forward to this run and wanting to get back out there, gonna have to canle this year. I need to really focus on Outlaws this year. I'd still like to get out for the 4th weekend. Was thinking about going and checking out an old mining flume outside Frisco and then check out the fireworks from Evans?:blah:

I'm going to head out Friday afternoon to Mt. Missouri area and come home Sunday. I need to scout sites for a weekend in a month.

Come along.

dan1554
06-20-2011, 12:16 PM

Bummer! Totally understand though. I would also still like to get out of town for the weekend, and am interested in doing something else that involves some camping.