PDA

View Full Version : May BRD Meeting Scheduled for 5/19/11

rover67
05-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Howdy Fellow RS members. Listed below is the agenda for the next BRD meeting being held this Thursday here in Boulder. Also are the notes from the last meeting.

Is there any way somebody might be able to attend the meeting in my place this time? I have family in town (mom) and while I am sure she'd appreciate being at the meeting and seeing our excellent working relationship with the BRD first hand, she'd rather do something else.

Pm Me or post up if interested. I only need Jenny Creek covered at a minimum, the rest is listen and take notes type of stuff.

Here are the agendas/minutes:

Next meeting, Thursday May 19 at 5:00pm.
Boulder Ranger District Office, 2140 Yarmouth Ave, Boulder
303-541-2500.

Agenda:
1) Schedule next meeting - All

2) Grants
319 Grant (Colleen) - April 23 planting project, 1000 shrubs. September 24th restoration project at upper kiosk.

3) Adopt-A-Road Projects / Volunteer Projects
Spring Gulch/Bell Gulch (Colleen/Naomi) - May 21 single track user routes signing project.

Caribou FR505 (Steve) - Cleanup project and buck and rail repair.

Jenny Creek FR502.3 (Martin) - July 16 post and cable repair.

Middle St. Vrain (Adam) - June 18, 9:00am, seasonal road opening.

Ice Spider FR??? Fireman's Ladder FR??? (Cat) - winch anchors.

Castle Gulch volume/route control - projects with land owners.

Post and Cable decision for district (Cat).

4) Motorized Trail Projects - (Bill H/Dave K)
Lefthand FT840, FT841, FT842 (Cat) - 2011 Trails Crew project.

Lefthand FT843, FT843.1A maintenance.

Lefthand FT844 maintenance.

Status on Allenspark shooting closure (Cat)

Sound Testing (Dave) - June 4th, 9am to 2pm, Lefthand Canyon OHV parking area.

---------------------------------------------
On Hold for 2012:
Park Creek FR203 T-33 crash site interpretive sign.
Coney Creek FR507 Sink hole user routes project.
Lefthand Trail U-bc Route number and signage, open alternate access.
---------------------------------------------

Last Meeting:
2) Grants
Lefthand 319 Restoration Grant II (Colleen) - April 23 shrub planting project, 1000 shrubs, with WRV. September 24 WRV restoration project in Lefthand at upper kiosk area. Last project for this grant.

3) Adopt-A-Road Projects / Volunteer Projects

Spring Gulch/Bell Gulch (Colleen/Naomi) - May 21 single track user routes signing project to place no motor vehicle access signs. Boulder County Open space to reclaim hill climb at the bottom of Spring Gulch.

Caribou FR505 (Steve) - Annual cleanup project. Need to repair buck and rail fencing. Have stay the trail sign to place at kiosk.

Jenny Creek FR502.3 (Martin) July 16 post and cable repair project.

Middle St. Vrain (Adam) - Road seasonal opening project will be June 18th, 9:00am. No plans of work project to date.

Ice Spider FR??? Fireman's Ladder FR??? (Cat) winch anchors. Christine talked with the supervisor. Cat to produce a strategy to implement all of the projects in Lefthand. Will be presented to the Supervisors Office. Completion is due by Oct 2011. Post and cable solution will be part of the strategy.

4) Motorized Trail Projects - (Bill H/Dave K)
Lefthand FT840, FT841, FT842 (Cat) 2011 Trails Crew. Cat will apply for them again for 2011. Need to 'harden' a lot of the water bars as they get washed out too quickly. Perhaps using in ground tread blocks.

Lefthand FT843, FT843.1A maintenance. The upper part is steep and quite challenging. Because itís so tough and loose alternate lines have formed. Perhaps water bars or re-routing.

Lefthand FT844 maintenance. Has bad braiding (multiple lines) and is quite eroded. This needs some water bars and general route maintenance.

Sound Testing (Dave) - June 4, 9am to 2pm, at Lefthand OHV area parking lot. Testing for 96db limit on motorcycles and atvs.

Allenspark Shooting Closure - Final EA is out for review in April. This project will be a pilot for a new database to sort and manage comments.

Jacket
05-17-2011, 09:44 AM
I've got both kids Thursday night otherwise I'd attend.