PDA

View Full Version : High Country 4x4 Open House

Uncle Ben
05-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Anyone going this Saturday? Looks like they are really putting effort into it being a big deal!

ianacole
05-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Haven't heard of it...

AxleIke
05-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Me neither. Wasn't treated well the two times I've been in there. Haven't been back. Fairly anti-toyota.

Uncle Ben
05-18-2011, 12:01 AM
http://www.hcp4x4.com/events/moduleid/530/itemid/2/mctl/eventdetails.aspx

Red_Chili
05-18-2011, 08:43 AM
Me neither. Wasn't treated well the two times I've been in there. Haven't been back. Fairly anti-toyota.
My experience has been decidedly the opposite.

Talk to Val. She also ROCKS as a driver BTW. Nice person too. I've gotten quick service, fair consideration, and good tech advice there.

Inukshuk
05-18-2011, 10:14 AM
I just met a neighbor who hangs with that crowd and has an LJ on 37's. She :thumb: told me about this too.

MountainGoat
05-18-2011, 10:25 AM

I had this experience the first time I went, about 4 years ago. More recently (within the last year) I went again found them to be much less anti-toyota jeep only. They are so much closer to me than 4WPW and their prices are pretty good. :thumb:

Caribou Sandstorm
05-18-2011, 10:26 AM
I go there often, Valerie is super cool, she drives a green FJC now!

UB if your going, I am in! Brady?

What time?

ianacole
05-18-2011, 10:40 AM
I referred a friend there who's looking for a Bestop for his Heep, and I'll probably head down for a bit in the 40.

nuclearlemon
05-18-2011, 10:40 AM
as toyota owners, we are black sheep at any non toyota specific shop in town. val is definitely the person to talk to. she will offer discounts to club members and is very helpful. for those that don't know, she can also answer a lot of land use questions since she's very involved there.

i'll try to run down in the morning

Hulk
05-18-2011, 11:13 AM
They have always treated me great. Last year (2010), they donated a bunch of good stuff to the Cruise Moab raffle, too.

I'd go, but I'll be in Missouri this weekend.

Red_Chili
05-18-2011, 12:10 PM
I had this experience the first time I went, about 4 years ago. More recently (within the last year) I went again found them to be much less anti-toyota jeep only. They are so much closer to me than 4WPW and their prices are pretty good. :thumb:
They are going to be infinitely better than 4WPW technically as well.

I agree, 4+ years ago, it was pretty Jeepcentric. Maybe if you drove a Scout or something you were interesting to them, sorta. The last two years or so, I don't feel like a black sheep at all when going there. They get a :thumb:.

FJBRADY
05-18-2011, 06:58 PM
I go there often, Valerie is super cool, she drives a green FJC now!

UB if your going, I am in! Brady?

What time?

I would be in, but not this weekend. My Daughter graduates HS tomorrow and I have family in town.

Val is great! I am in there all the time for CO2 etc. Good shop they know their stuff....tell um Steve Brady sent you.:hill:

AxleIke
05-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Its been at least 5 or six years since I've been. I refused to return because of the service. When I went, they had all of six shelves, and almost no inventory. I don't like talking to people behind the counter unless I know them. Really, the only place I'll talk to people is Slee's. Otherwise, I like to browse without "help".

If things have changed, I'll have to check it out sometime.

SRT08BUS
05-18-2011, 10:49 PM
My experience has been decidedly the opposite.

Talk to Val. She also ROCKS as a driver BTW. Nice person too. I've gotten quick service, fair consideration, and good tech advice there.

I agree, Val helped me tun my Cb and explained it and when I asked if they wanted 10 or 15$ for it they guy behind the counter just said to remember them the next time I was needing stuff,,,,,,but they are just like most places for me in that they are just to far a drive for me

ianacole
05-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Saw the Blue Meeny pull by, but didn't catch who was driving...

Air Randy
05-22-2011, 11:05 AM
I dropped by for a few minutes, not really that much to see but they had a good turn out.