PDA

View Full Version : IFS Alignment Shop

Crash
06-09-2006, 08:04 AM
A cohort at work asked if I knew of any shops that are capable of doing a GOOD front end alignment on a 3" lifted IFS mini truck. He hasn't been satisfied with the work that has been performed so far but, then again, it is a Nissan truck so maybe the answer for him is buying a Toyota. He agreed with that thought but in the meantime, he'd like to find someone who can get this truck properly setup. As I know next to nussing about IFS thought I'd ask the experts here.
Thanks.

Maddmatt
06-09-2006, 08:50 AM
I don't know where he lives, but if he's up north I had good luck with Trepke Tire in Lafayette. They aligned my '02 Taco after I put 2" coil spacers on it, provided me with the before and after computer print outs, explained what they had to do and why, and the price seemed reasonable. The owner has some affiliation with COTTORA, so straightening out minis is part of their daily routine, not a favor or something out of the ordinary.
-Matt

Red_Chili
06-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Bear Frame & Axle
Burt Chevrolet - get the old guy who mistrusts what the computer says is OK.

I have had excellent experiences with both. In the case of Burt Chevrolet, they corrected the job done by a moron preferred by the insurance company, for whom computers never lie despite the fact the truck pulled hard to the left.

My son tells me the alignment tech at Burt Toyota now is excellent as well, but I have no personal experience with him.

nakman
06-09-2006, 09:24 AM
Steve, Oleg's got a guy down by his shop who knows what he's doing.. suspect you still have his number? :)

gcmandrake
06-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Some time ago I got my Taco aligned with a 2.5" OME lift at the Big O Tires (http://www.bigotires.com/index.asp?pg=2&sub=28&step=2&storeid=6184&addr=4700%20South%20Broadway&city=Englewood&state=CO&zip=80110&phone=303-761-7640) on South Broadway near County Line. The guy spent quite a bit of time to get it right.

the Other Matt

Crash
06-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Thanks, ya'll. I will pass this information along and it will be appreciated greatly!