PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Red Line and a testament to Land Cruisers

Romer
05-23-2011, 06:00 PM
If you saw a caravan on cruisers going south on I-25 yesterday, that was Sarah and me. Sarah got an Internship at Lockheed Martin in the Springs for the summer. She is an Electrical Engineering student at CSU just entering her Junior year.

Yesterday we took her down and got her an apartment so she could start her job today. She was very nervous and driving in this morning she rolled her truck on what is a very steep and curvy offramp coming off the highway.

She is fine, a bit shaken up, but no breaks or bruises.

I went down asap and her truck wasn't in bad shape. Drivers mirror and glass broken, a few dents, but nothing major. I would have driven it home if it wasn't locked up from being on its side.

So I was thinking who I knew in the Springs and called Justin at Redline. Justin grabbed a trailer and was there within the hour and trailered her truck back to his shop. He called later to tell me the plugs where fouled and he removed a lot of oil from the cylinders. I am hoping I didn't damage it when I tried to start it twice. We should know tomorrow when he puts plugs in.

I left Sarah my 80 and had my wife come get me

I was very impressed that Justin dropped what he was doing to take care of me. What a great guy and company.

Sarah said if it was any other vehicle, she could have been dead. I am thinking the front and rear bumpers in addition to the sliders limited the damage as well.

I'll post up after Justin gives it a try with new plugs

ttubb
05-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Man, that is just awful, Ken. Glad she is OK and congrats on the internship.
Keep us posted on the condition of her car.

Special thanks to Justin for the quick response and help. Terry

corsair23
05-23-2011, 06:23 PM
:eek:

Super happy to hear that Sarah is ok!! :thumb:

Kudos for sure to Justin for coming to help! Good folks helping good folks

rover67
05-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Wow, man, I am glad she's OK.

Justin, great work, and I have to say it is great knowing you guys down there... It is stuff like this that makes friends like you guys wonderful to have. I have had to call somebody to right my truck before and having somebody show up quickly is a great relief.

Ken, again, I am glad Sarah is OK. I am sure that he years of learning how to drive in real situations helped... With any other drive it could have possibly been worse as well. Let us know if you need anything at all.

FJBRADY
05-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Wow Ken, I am very glad Sarah is OK.

Justin :thumb:

Dr. Schlegs
05-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Good Luck to Sarah on her new journey, and I am glad that the Family is safe. Justin is a great guy and I have great deal of respect for him personally and professionally.

Hulk
05-23-2011, 11:56 PM
Glad to hear Sarah is OK! What a scary way to start an internship. (Props to Justin, too!)

PhatFJ
05-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Really glad Sarah is OK!! GREAT job Justin!!

treerootCO
05-24-2011, 08:44 AM
That is great news that Sarah is well after an incident like this. The truck can be fixed and it looks like you already have that in motion. If you or Sarah need anything, let us know.

Inukshuk
05-24-2011, 08:52 AM
:hill: Really glad to hear Sarah is ok. I rolled my 60 on the highway about 10 years ago so I get it.

Props to Justin at Redline - our Cruiser family rocks!

Sarah is not by any chance working in the Lockheed Martin Projectile Trajectory Path Department? ;)

DaveInDenver
05-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Roll overs are scary, glad she was in a Toyota! I watched a roll over slowly happen on the off ramp from C470 to 285 and my stomach was in knots.

Is she working on the new Orion stuff?

Uncle Ben
05-24-2011, 09:08 AM
OH MY GOSH! :eek: I missed this tread somehow. I'm so relieved to hear that she is OK! Ken, if you need anything just ask!!!!!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::Princess:

nakman
05-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Glad to hear you're ok, Sarah. :)

Romer
05-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Thanks everyone

Dave - she is working in the Springs supporting work at an Air Force base. She (and I) would have prefered an internship in Denver where they do spacecraft, but this is where they sent her. Still a great opportunity for a sophmore

nuclearlemon
05-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Glad to hear she's ok :0

wesintl
05-24-2011, 12:19 PM
ouch. glad to hear all is well.

Corbet
05-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Great to hear Sara is OK Ken. And great the the Cruiser Community does such a good job helping each other out. :thumb: Thanks to Justin/Redline

AxleIke
05-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Glad she is okay! What an awful thing to have happen any day, let alone the first day of a new job.

Romer
05-24-2011, 11:39 PM
Justin was able to get all the oil out and there was a lot. I drove it home tonight and will get it back together this weekend, but it will have a few character marks :)

Thanks again Justin, it was a pleasure doing business with you. Your price for this was very reasonable and your customer service was excellent. I would do business with you again:thumb:

Gave me a chance to have Dinner with Sarah in the springs and she is doing fine now

Dr. Schlegs
05-25-2011, 12:52 AM
Ken can you post some pics, so we can see how a 80 holds up in a roll over?