PDA

View Full Version : Where to source OEM VW Parts

rover67
05-23-2011, 09:41 PM
Howdy Folks,

Well, Allison's 2006 TDI has yet another issue...

The EGR Cooler is leaking exhaust from a valve assembly. It sounds like somebody is spraying a power washer underneath it when it is on boost. I had a big rant here about the experience at the dealer and I deleted it. It is not under any kind of warranty so I pulled it myself tonight.

Anybody here know where to get good deals on VW parts? We know of www.idparts.com but are wondering if there are any other options.

-Marco

LARGEONE
05-23-2011, 09:51 PM
Marco...when we had our Audi, I used to get some parts from these guys online:

www.blauparts.com

They do VW and Audi. Seemed to have decent prices and the service was good when I used them a few years ago.

P

LARGEONE
05-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Sorry...I just noticed you said OEM...not sure they carry OEM parts.

1997Runner
05-24-2011, 08:25 AM
I've had a few Audi's (still have one) and I do all my own work.

I get parts from: (in no particular order)
AutohausAZ
RockAuto
ECS Tuning
Blau Parts

ianacole
05-24-2011, 06:43 PM
www.parts4vws.com

Groucho
05-24-2011, 08:08 PM
http://www.1stvwparts.com/

Cheaper than the dealer. If its OEM and available, they have it. Some outside US parts too. Got most of my replacement OEM parts here. I see it as CruiserDan for VWs.

I second Blauparts as a great parts place, but not solely for OEM. Our Passats have the Tiptronic tranny which is "lifetime". The dealer won't service them. Blauparts offers a tiptronic filter exchange kit that replaces the VW/Audi tranny fluid (normally $18/QT at the Dealer) as well as the filter. Great deals.

rover67
05-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Sweet, thanks for the leads guys, I appreciate it!

For the leaky EGR cooler we made a new brass bushing to replace the packing around the valve shaft... hopefully it will last more than 80k. It is a known issue but not covered under warranty or a recall.

Check it out, not as descriptive as a land cruiser post but it is what we went off of.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=2706663#post2706663

Now I need to get all the gaskets and o-rings. Might as well replace the tranny gear oil while i'm under it too. I'll check Blauparts for the fluid and stuff.

Thanks again, you guys rock.