PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor with her dad's 62...selling it.

CardinalFJ60
05-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Knowing I've got two cruisers and one is in pieces, my neighbor comes by and says, "my dad's got an old landcruiser like yours, well, not all big like that. :D He bought it new, been garaged for a good while, he hasn't driven in years but we drive it monthly and has like 70k miles on it. do you want to buy it or know someone who does???"

My wife quickly shoots me the "stink-eye", and I say...well of course not! I already HAVE plenty of cruisers. (damn)

Stay tuned, I may be helping her sell the ol'wagon.

Anyone searching for a 62? I haven't seen it yet, but it's here in L'ville somewhere.

rover67
05-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Calling Uncle Ben!!

Uncle Ben
05-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Calling Uncle Ben!!

Because my 40 project kept growing beyond my planned phase for the winter and has now run into my busy "work on yard projects and deal with very busy spring time property management duties" mentioning or even musing about snagging a project right now could result in some domestic partnership disputes on a grand scale! Of course I'm interested but I must....only.....be......a.....tire.....kicker........:gaah::banghead::brick::Princess::scold::comp::borg::flop:

CardinalFJ60
05-24-2011, 04:24 PM
the vmail message will sound like this..."Hello, my name is Shawn, you don't know me from the Club, but I am in Louisville and need your expertise and help. Will you check out a "Land Cruiser" FJ62 station wagon SUV (said inquisitively) with me?

So you just need to store it and work on it at your house...no big deal? right? just helping out a fellow club member. It's just a coincidence that our build plans are exactly the same.

:thumb:

Caribou Sandstorm
05-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Wooooo now big fella, UB has all the Solid front axel/birfs he can handle...

I on the other hand, have a new prime parking spot and no current birfs...

Did they say what color???

timmbuck2
05-24-2011, 04:41 PM
hmm....the 14 year old needs a truck soon........

CardinalFJ60
05-24-2011, 04:42 PM
NOW we're talking!!! I have her email at home and will correspond tonight. I feel like I've seen it across the street years ago. Could it be that two tone style that Nakman used to have??

I'll confirm tonight, and try to snap a bunch of pics ASAP.

Uncle Ben
05-24-2011, 05:54 PM
the vmail message will sound like this..."Hello, my name is Shawn, you don't know me from the Club, but I am in Louisville and need your expertise and help. Will you check out a "Land Cruiser" FJ62 station wagon SUV (said inquisitively) with me?

So you just need to store it and work on it at your house...no big deal? right? just helping out a fellow club member. It's just a coincidence that our build plans are exactly the same.

:thumb:

Ya....ya....thats the way it could work! It's too bad too that when it's done you have to give it to me for the work I did to it! :D

Uncle Ben
05-24-2011, 05:59 PM

I could totally relinquish interest just to see a potentially good person like yourself move to the light and live in harmony with the correct and proper order of life! ;) :cool:

MDH33
05-24-2011, 07:03 PM

Here we go again... :rolleyes:

400 posts and couple of test drives later and you'll end up with an FJ Cruiser or something in your driveway. ;)