PDA

View Full Version : Raffle truck work day - weekend of 17 June, 2006

El Jefe
06-11-2006, 12:01 AM
We're planning on having our second Raffle truck work day the weekend of 17/18 June. Anyone is welcome to help out. Send a PM to me, Ige, or Hulk if you're willing to work some hours. Not sure what day/time yet...any requests?

Thx!
Chris

IanB
06-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Saturday is best for me, I usually fly to the east coast on Sunday.

74fj40
06-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Saturday - Sunday is father's day and I'm expecting breakfast in bed and sit around and watch the speed channel all day - yea, like that's gonna happen....
Saturday is still best...
Max's dad...

We're planning on having our second Raffle truck work day the weekend of 17/18 June. Anyone is welcome to help out. Send a PM to me, Ige, or Hulk if you're willing to work some hours. Not sure what day/time yet...any requests?

Thx!
Chris

nuclearlemon
06-11-2006, 06:49 PM
either day is fine for me...i'll be home all weekend working on my junk

Crash
06-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Either day will work for me. Let's coordinate so we can get the most work done. Is the engine running at this time? If so, we can clean the tranny filter screen and flush the tranny. We'll need the tranny pan gasket, filter screen gasket and about 20 qts. of ATF.

El Jefe
06-12-2006, 10:08 AM
Nope, we won't have the engine till after Kevin gets back from Europe. There's still plenty of clean up work left though. I'll have a pressure washer there by the weekend, so we can clean up the engine bay and underside of the truck.

Let's plan for Saturday...what time?

Chris

Crash
06-12-2006, 10:57 AM
9? 10? For how long?
The filter screen and pan can still be cleaned and seeing what is inside there will tell us some things about the shape of the A440F. How do we go about procurring gaskets and other small parts? I have a pan gasket already and the screen gasket possibly, as well.

nuclearlemon
06-12-2006, 08:09 PM
complete powertrain is in uncle bens garage. brakes do need to be flushed badly as the fluid is a bit on the rust colored side:eek:

as mentioned, power wash, there's still a small bit of sanding to do, start soaking all the misc bolts that will need to be removed eventually.

El Jefe
06-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Let's plan on starting at 1000'ish Saturday. I'll deliver the powerwasher either tonite or Friday to Ige's. Let me know if this time works for everyone. I probably won't be there till noon or so, since I have to help some friends install sprinklers that AM.

Chris

Hulk
06-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Chris, can I bring a couple of boxes of Rally flyers by your place tonight, to give to Ige this weekend?

Rezarf
06-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Sounds like fun, I wish I could make it, but I am heading out for work for a few weeks.

Have fun!

Drew

nuclearlemon
06-17-2006, 05:36 PM
got a bunch more done...vehicle is basically clean. took a while with the underpowered pressure washer,but beat the heck out of a wire brush and degreaser;)

the rest of the windows are purple free, just need to get the glue off, exhaust is removed *(one piece at a time:D )

i'd say the next thing is getting the rebuilt engine in, so we're basically weekend free for a while unless someone wants to come go through the rusty brake system. as mentioned, i'm home most weekends now in an attempt to get rigs running for the rally, so anytime anyone wants to come work on the rig, just give me a holler.

El Jefe
06-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Thanks to all who showed up today! Wish I could have stayed longer...Cruiser work is much more fun than putting in sprinklers!

Chris

bh4rnnr
06-18-2006, 12:18 AM
Thanks to all who showed up today! Wish I could have stayed longer...Cruiser work is much more fun than putting in sprinklers!

Chris

Glad to see some people showing up to help. I was enjoying a loong night with Big Head Todd. Would like to help with the next work day?? Dates?? Next weekend I will be in the Springs with the Family doing som etrail maint. Maybe after that??

El Jefe
06-18-2006, 12:59 AM
Perry,

We're close to the point of waiting on parts to do any substantial work. From what Ige wrote, looks like we still need to go through the brakes a bit. And there's still lots of clean up work to get the tint glue off the windows, and general cleaning on the inside. I think we need to finish roughing up the paint too. So, the short answer is that there's still work to do, but we're not ready for the heavy stuff yet.

Chris

Hulk
06-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Next weekend I will be in the Springs with the Family doing som etrail maint. Maybe after that??

What's an e-trail? Is it like e-mail?

Beater
06-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Perry,

We're close to the point of waiting on parts to do any substantial work. From what Ige wrote, looks like we still need to go through the brakes a bit. And there's still lots of clean up work to get the tint glue off the windows, and general cleaning on the inside. I think we need to finish roughing up the paint too. So, the short answer is that there's still work to do, but we're not ready for the heavy stuff yet.

Chris

we should outsource/bid the window thing. solicit donation for new tint?

El Jefe
06-19-2006, 03:24 PM
John,

Re-tinting the windows is on the list. No ideas on what vendors to hit up though...suggestions, anyone?

Chris

Hulk
06-19-2006, 04:18 PM
The problem is that most of these tint shops are little tiny deals, one-man operations. I know the guy who I use down on this end of town runs the shop and applies the tint himself.

Is there a chain that would donate tint for publicity? That would be our best bet, IMHO.

Crash
06-19-2006, 04:22 PM
I can ask my favorite window tinter whose shop is very nearby. He has done several vehicles for me and does good work. I'd still need to know what the spiel is, as I explained to Ige, when working with a possible donator.
As for the brakes, do we want to install new m/c, calipers and wheel cylinders or is rebuilding the first choice? Flushing the system is easy enough but no need to do that before deciding some of the above.
Steve

John,

Re-tinting the windows is on the list. No ideas on what vendors to hit up though...suggestions, anyone?

Chris