PDA

View Full Version : upholstery shop to fix backpack strap?

1loudLX
06-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Anyone know of one that could replace the bottom adjustable strap on a pack? Seems like a sharp object got to it and I don't want to buy another one just because of one strap.

Thanks!

Jacket
06-06-2011, 11:49 AM
I've used Boulder Mountain Repair for some repairs on my gear and they've done everything well for me. They have some negative reviews on-line though, so not everyone has had good luck....

They used to be in Boulder, but are now out in eastern Lafayette near where the Earth Roamer facility used to be.

DaveInDenver
06-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Call Phyllis @ Stitchlines

Very unassuming, but she's a world class seamstress. And super, super nice. :-)

http://www.stitchlines.com/

1loudLX
06-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Nice stichlines is not far from me I'll give her a ring. Thanks

DaveInDenver
06-06-2011, 01:26 PM
You should know a couple of things about her. Ask her to give you an upfront price just so that you know (she can be both cheap and expensive depending). Also know that her backlog might a month. She seems to batch small repairs, so she'll collect a bunch of sweaters that need zippers and do them all at the same time. That's why it's $1/inch to replace zippers, efficiency! The sign is confusing, the entrance to the shop is from the alley. So if you park on the street, walk to the back.

Cheeseman
06-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Kudos to Phylis at Stitchlines. Been going to her for years. You cannot absolutely go wrong with her. Just got a zipper on a tent replaced.