PDA

View Full Version : locals in Gorgetown talking about trying to close Argentine Pass to 4x4

SRT08BUS
06-09-2011, 03:35 PM
I was just posting up about the clean up in the blue room and was told about this by Athena who lives around there.....has anyone heard anything about this?

Just informed that it would be all of Gunella(sp) pass and it would be turned into a gated community.......

subzali
06-09-2011, 04:32 PM
have not heard of this. Thanks for the heads-up.

MDH33
06-09-2011, 05:34 PM
That's Federal land and there's no way it would be closed or turned into a gated community. Sounds like locals talking smack. Can you post a link to the thread please?

Chris
06-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Just informed that it would be all of Gunella(sp) pass and it would be turned into a gated community.......

I'm in favor of gated communities (only if the gates keep the riff-raff in) :D

SRT08BUS
06-09-2011, 08:11 PM
That's Federal land and there's no way it would be closed or turned into a gated community. Sounds like locals talking smack. Can you post a link to the thread please?

no link just heard it from a local shop owner, she said it was some local attorney and that she would get me his name, she also said it was local talk and they try to keep all local talk as hush-hush as possible even amongst locals. I was kinda wondering about the whole federal land thing myself.

Old40Dog
06-09-2011, 11:11 PM

"Gated" to keep the locals "in" and everyone else "out"...I'm sure! :lmao:

subzali
06-10-2011, 08:20 AM

That was exactly my first thought.

MountainGoat
06-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Here is the thread in the FJCruiser forum: Rising Sun's Argrntine Pass clean up run 6/26 (http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/colorado/130266-rising-suns-argrntine-pass-clean-up-run-6-26-a.html). Reading it will fill out your understanding of any potential issue.