PDA

View Full Version : 40 Down on I-25

Nay
06-09-2011, 07:50 PM
I was coming up I-25 North headed downtown today when traffic suddenly stopped and the rescue fire truck came by. As we slowly passed the scene, it was a lone FJ40 in mustard color on its side in the middle of the interstate.

Hope it was nobody here - was hard to tell if there were injuries or how much damage to the down side of the 40.

In what could have been related news, I was coming up CO83 later in the day and an Expedition pulled out in front of me at an intersection without looking at all - I was going 55 mph and headed towards a perfect t-bone of the Expedition. I started to brake and realized I had no chance, so I hit the gas and swerved out in front of him and then across the shoulder. I was sure I was going to get clipped on the rear quarter, but it cleared.

I was really impressed with the handling in a high speed evasive maneuver - that was by far the closest I have ever been to a high speed accident. The handling of the 80 was so clean that my heart rate wasn't even up that high once I was back on the road. Be careful out there :beer:

subzali
06-09-2011, 08:26 PM
I've had a couple close calls with motorcycles riding in my blind spot or coming up behind me. Take care to look twice. Glad you're safe Nay.

MDH33
06-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Hmm. I just saw a really clean mustard 40 in Evergreen a couple of days ago that I had never seen before. Looked like a kid driving it. I wonder if it was the same one?

ttubb
06-10-2011, 06:41 AM
Well, it wasn't mine...........this time. :D