PDA

View Full Version : June BRD Meeting 6/16/11

rover67
06-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Howdy folks,

Well unfortunately once again I will not be able to make this meeting. Can anybody from the north side possibly make this? It should be easy, just show up, sit there, listen, and when the Jenny Creek topic comes up make sure Cat is still on board with what we have already discussed and cover the q's below..

Specific things to cover:

Rising Sun will get up there prior to the July 16th weekend to scope things out, will communicate condition to Cat via email. Still OK?
Meet a ranger up there July 16th in the morning and get started on any post and cable work that may need to happen. Still OK?
Second Group runs Jenny creek and cleans up trash along the way while 1st group does post and cable.
Marco sent Email to Cat with all the forms that Clear Creek requires.. does BRD require the same thing? If so, please forward forms to Marco.
If BRD does not require forms, do we continue to report hours by sending them on to Cat?

I just need somebody to make sure that the stuff above is covered...

Formal info on the meeting below:

Next meeting, Thursday June 16 at 5:00pm.
Boulder Ranger District Office, 2140 Yarmouth Ave, Boulder
303-541-2500.

Agenda:
1) Schedule next meeting - All

2) Grants
319 Grant (Colleen) - September 24th restoration project at upper kiosk. Need help staging tools.

3) Adopt-A-Road Projects / Volunteer Projects
Spring Gulch/Bell Gulch (Colleen/Naomi) - June 11 single track user routes signing project.

Caribou FR505 (Steve) - Cleanup project and buck and rail repair, June 18th, meet at Nederland steam shovel at 9:00am.

Jenny Creek FR502.3 (Marco) - July 16 post and cable repair.

Middle St. Vrain (Adam) - June 25, 9:00am, seasonal road opening.

Ice Spider FR??? Fireman's Ladder FR??? (Cat) - winch anchors.

Castle Gulch volume/route control - projects with land owners.

Post and Cable decision for district (Cat).

Bark Beetle Training (Cat) - New required training video for all volunteers on National Forest projects. Web based.

4) Motorized Trail Projects - (Bill H/Dave K)
Lefthand FT840, FT841, FT842 (Cat) - 2011 Trails Crew project.

Lefthand FT843, FT843.1A maintenance.

Lefthand FT844 maintenance.

Status on Allenspark shooting closure (Cat)

Any new issues or concerns to work on, or Forest Service projects
related to Boulder Ranger District motorized recreation. - All

Forest Service projects list are online at
http://www.fs.fed.us/sopa/state-level.php?co
Scroll down to find the forest your interested in.
---------------------------------------------
On Hold for 2012:
Park Creek FR203 T-33 crash site interpretive sign.
Coney Creek FR507 Sink hole user routes project.
Lefthand Trail U-bc Route number and signage, open alternate access.
---------------------------------------------

Last Meeting:
2) Grants
Lefthand 319 Restoration Grant II (Colleen) - April 23 shrub planting project, 1000 shrubs, with WRV completed. September 24 WRV restoration project in Lefthand at upper kiosk area. Last project for this grant.

3) Adopt-A-Road Projects / Volunteer Projects

Spring Gulch/Bell Gulch (Colleen/Naomi) - Moved to June 11, 10:00am at the Millsite restaurant, single track user routes signing project to place no motor vehicle access signs. Boulder County Open space to reclaim hill climb at the bottom of Spring Gulch.

Caribou FR505 (Steve) - Annual cleanup project. Need to repair buck and rail fencing. Have stay the trail sign to place at kiosk. Project moved to June 18th.

Jenny Creek FR502.3 (Marco) No update.

Middle St. Vrain (Adam) - Road seasonal opening project will be June 25th, 9:00am. Date changed due to snow.

Ice Spider FR??? Fireman's Ladder FR??? (Cat) winch anchors. Cat to produce a strategy to implement all of the projects in Lefthand. Will be presented to the Supervisors Office. Completion is due by Oct 2011. Next project to complete after Allenspark Recreational Shooting Analysis.

Post and cable decision (Cat) putting together an inventory of routes that have post and cable to present to the Supervisors Office.

4) Motorized Trail Projects - (Bill H/Dave K)
Lefthand FT840, FT841, FT842 (Cat) 2011 Trails Crew approved for 8 days in September. Need to 'harden' a lot of the water bars as they get washed out too quickly. Perhaps using in ground tread blocks.

Lefthand FT843, FT843.1A, FT844 maintenance. Possible Trails Crew project.

Looking at possibility of adding motorcycle access on 286B from old shooting area going east to Lefthand Main (286).

Sound Testing (Dave) - Canceled.

Allenspark Shooting Closure - Final EA done, internal review next, then back out to the public.

Uncle Ben
06-14-2011, 09:34 AM
Marco, I think I Can make it....I'll know tonight.

jacdaw
06-15-2011, 07:55 AM
I'm going.

rover67
06-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Awesome, thanks John!

Kevin, I emailed John back and forth yesterday, and he can take care of it. Thanks guys for being willing to help cover the meeting!

-Marco

rover67
06-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Awesome, thanks John!

Kevin, I emailed John back and forth yesterday, and he can take care of it. Thanks guys for being willing to help cover the meeting!

-Marco

Uncle Ben
07-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Woooo hooooo! Finally got WR finished to do a trail shake down today. Drew hopped in after breakfast and we headed up to Jenny Creek. The drifts are bigger up near the western end than I have ever seen! We definately have some trail work on the road as there is a monster washout forming and the off camber next to the creek is almost impassable! WR performed way beyond my expectations and in fact it has turnered into a ferocious beast! Drew shot a few vids so hopefully they turn out! I hope to get up there again and break some more trail before SD. We made it past the cabin and nearly to the point when the lower side road that has several camp spots rejoins the trail at the west end. Drifts at that point are still 10-15 foot deep! We did check out Rollings pass road west of the JC turn off and that first narrow chute that has a bypass with the illegal short cuts to JC is completely full of snow, well over 15- 18 foot deep! The road ends at the big chute a few miles further. I think we could have edged that one but there was a pick up in the way and it wasn't worth the risk of sidehilling the drift besides the truck.