PDA

View Full Version : Anybody we know?

60wag
06-15-2011, 01:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC96l8xMI38&feature=youtu.be

rover67
06-15-2011, 01:34 PM
well, now when they get it out they can just roll it over to get the water out.

instant convertible.

corsair23
06-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Was it my imagination or were the lights still on?

CardinalFJ60
06-15-2011, 04:33 PM
It looked to me like the lights were on! I bet it started right up after it was extracted.

Has anyone ever seen that Top Gear with the hi-lux!???....(just kidding). :hill::lmao:

nuclearlemon
06-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Very good friend of mine, bill Stayner. Most would recognize his beat up red pig, the mini is another of his toys. They were going back yesterday, but I haven't heard back if the mini is home or not. And , yes, the lights and wipers were still on

TIMZTOY
06-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Has anyone ever seen that Top Gear with the hi-lux!???....(just kidding). :hill::lmao:

yes and awsome episodes

nuclearlemon
06-16-2011, 11:25 AM
got word from bill that they got the mighty mini home late last night. river silt is everywhere and it rolled a total of five times on the rocky bottom, so it looks a bit worse than his 55. he's smiling and ready to fix it tho :D says he'll get pics for me in the next couple day :thumb:

SROR/AKA 2BAD
06-16-2011, 11:52 AM
OK, so why did he think he could cross that?

we all talk the talk about "tread lightly" I'm wondering about the gas and oil that might get dumped into the river.

RockRunner
06-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Ige, did they leave it in the river or did they pull it out and leave it on the bank or ???? Just curious, if in the river he was lucky not to get a big fine DAMHIK :rolleyes:

I guess he is lucky to have gotten out of it OK before or during the quarter roll. You would think they could have gotten a hook on the rear of the rig and swing it around instead of the roof but since I wasn't there it is sorry to second guess ;)

nuclearlemon
06-17-2011, 07:40 PM
the river crossing is part of the trail. they did have to leave it in the river where it ended up for a night. bill went back up with his 55 to retrieve it, but after getting it out, he blew the tranny on the 55. the mini is home but the 55 is still in tahoe. what's not seen is a newer ford crewcab that also had to cross (they had crossed earlier in the day, completed the trail and were on the way home). not sure if the ford has been rescued....really hope they just left it to float away and die...not a ford fan).

bill is very lucky. while there were a lot of rafters and kayakers, there was one guy who not only helped bill, but also helped the ford owners. he threw a life vest to bill as he paddled by and later later went back to retrieve bill, then went to help the ford guy and his girlfriend, but they went out by rope with their wheeling friends.

nuclearlemon
06-20-2011, 04:19 PM
the mighty mini lives. bill got it running late saturday. :cheers:

RockRunner
06-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Glad to hear, those mini's are disappearing.

Gmann
06-20-2011, 09:10 PM
Glad to hear, those mini's are disappearing.

HA!!! You guys/ gals ever seen the Top Gear episode with the red minitruck that is now on display? The only thing that could keep it from restarting was a building implosion. If they could have replaced a couple of minor parts, it would have started.

-I love what you do for me TOYOTA!!!!!!!! :thumb:

subzali
06-20-2011, 09:22 PM
um...from my memory it did start even after falling down with the demo'd building and then rolled off the rubble with a trackhoe.

Gmann
06-20-2011, 10:15 PM
um...from my memory it did start even after falling down with the demo'd building and then rolled off the rubble with a trackhoe.

You are correct. Just rewatched the video. It started but did it drive?? I doubt it!

nuclearlemon
06-21-2011, 07:09 AM
You are correct. Just rewatched the video. It started but did it drive?? I doubt it!

you need to watch the rest of the series. it did drive. they drove it into the studio at the end when they retired it.

subzali
06-21-2011, 07:52 AM
yep. And the frame was cracked in half by that point.