PDA

View Full Version : Pitman arm assistance.

bh4rnnr
06-18-2011, 10:51 AM
So yesterday I decided to replace the pitman arm before driving up to the property and driving on that windy Upper Bear creek Road. I started to get the arm pulled of the gear box (found this odd, since i didnt even hit it with heat or lube) before the puller I was using broke (note to self: dont go to Pep boys for pullers). I'm trying to get this replaced to be able to get up to the cabin tonight.

So if ya feel like coming down and heckling me and telling me what i'm doing wrong then come on by:hill:. I'm working on the truck at my parents house: 2041 E Cornell Ave. Denver, Co.

:beer:

ttubb
06-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Perry, I had the same experience myself.

There are pullers that are cast (and break) and ones that are forged. Check with another (different brand) parts store that loans out tools. It takes much force to remove that arm and I don't think you were doing anything wrong, just the wrong tool. Good luck, Terry

FJBRADY
06-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Lots of pb blaster set up over night

bh4rnnr
06-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Perry, I had the same experience myself.

There are pullers that are cast (and break) and ones that are forged. Check with another (different brand) parts store that loans out tools. It takes much force to remove that arm and I don't think you were doing anything wrong, just the wrong tool. Good luck, Terry

Yeah Terry,

Ended up getting a better puller and was able to get the arm off with out any pb or heat (still suprised by that). Just working on getting things back together.

Lots of pb blaster set up over night

I forgot to get pb this morning but somehow as stated, the arm came off:cool:

:beer:

RockRunner
06-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Did you pour beer on it? My truck does well after 2 or 3 Margaritas but that is a whole different story...........:rolleyes: