PDA

View Full Version : Jack Extension Rod Brackets

subzali
06-28-2011, 05:26 PM
All,

When I bought my OEM bottle jack it came with the extension rods and brackets. I'd like to drill holes to mount the brackets to my rear fender, but don't know exactly where to put them. Can anybody take measurements for me to locate these extension rod brackets? If I could get dims from centerline of a roll bar bolt to the centerline of the jack bracket bolt in x and y dimensions, that would be great.

Also, is there a welded nut on the bottom side of the wheel well that the bolt threads into?

Thanks! This part of my fender has been replaced with a flat piece of sheet metal so I have to recreate what it was supposed to be like.

Thanks!

corsair23
06-28-2011, 06:51 PM
On my '76 there were welded nuts under the wheel well that the brackets bolted to...Sorry, I don't have the dimensions though...

SteveH
06-29-2011, 08:17 AM
Both brackets (on my 1/80 truck) are 3/4" inboard of the fender flange (the lip welded to the outer fender).

The rearmost bracket is 4 3/4" ahead of the roll bar baseplate (leading edge). The front bracket is 2" behind the trailing edge of the front roll bar baseplate. The rollbar measurements were just taken with a tape measure from the roll bar plate edge to the bracket edge.

The photo shows the final measurement - from the stamped fender rib (if you still have it) to the edges of the jack bar plates. Crummy photo - sorry.

Hope this helps.

subzali
06-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Thanks Steve! I no longer have the ribs, but the measurements you took should help me out!

subzali
06-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks to Steve, this project got done quickly :thumb: :D

Does anybody happen to know what color the OEM brackets are supposed to be? Are they supposed to be body color, black, or pewter?

CardinalFJ60
06-30-2011, 10:00 PM
...all the parts I have are part rusty and part black. :hill:

SteveH
07-01-2011, 06:50 AM
Matt - looks great!

All the ones I have seen are gloss black - on my '78, my (former) '65 FJ45, and the 1980 FJ.

PhatFJ
07-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Matt - looks great!

All the ones I have seen are gloss black - on my '78, my (former) '65 FJ45, and the 1980 FJ.

Yep, Gloss Black!! Just got done re-painting mine, along with the interior.. :thumb: