PDA

View Full Version : Buy fireworks in S. Denver area?

pskhaat
07-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Is there a reason I can't seem to find any stands/stores with this? Did CO make this illegal?

Where to buy fireworks in South Denver area?

corsair23
07-01-2011, 05:30 PM
As I recall, ALL fireworks are illegal in the city of Denver...

Now for outlying areas, some are still ok but pretty much anything that leaves the ground or explodes I think is illegal in the metro area.

I've only seen one fireworks stand this year and that was on Arapahoe Road just before Jordan Rd I think it was...definitely between Peoria and Parker on the south side.

pskhaat
07-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Ugh, where's our sense of patriotism? How can we be American in our culture without launching small explosives into the air.

I'm in Douglas County now, any ideas on the restrictions here? I'll try and check out that spot on Arapaho.

MDH33
07-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Ugh, where's our sense of patriotism? How can we be American in our culture without launching small explosives into the air.

I'm in Douglas County now, any ideas on the restrictions here? I'll try and check out that spot on Arapaho.

High fire danger, several active fires, current fire bans... I would skip the bottle rockets this year.

corsair23
07-02-2011, 05:50 PM

I'm not positive...Best to check the county's website. I also live is Douglas County but in the urban part...I hear bottle rockets etc. all the time this time of the year. Some places have even banned sparklers :(