PDA

View Full Version : Tire balance, any local shops that support the club?

Rezarf
06-14-2006, 09:02 AM
Howdy, I need to get my tires balanced and was wondering if any shops around Louisville/Boulder ever help out the club, I would rather help a supporting store over Sams Club.

Thanks!

Drew

Maddmatt
06-14-2006, 12:46 PM
Hey Drew,
I sound like an ad these days, but I've had good luck with Trepke out in Lafayette They support COTTORA, but as far as I know don't have an official relationship with RS or TLCA.

When I brought my '76 FJ40 with 33" muds in, they were honest enough to tell me that there wasn't much point in balancing them. ( as opposed to the national chain down the road who were willing to just take my $20/tire). Then they swapped the good tire from the bad rim to a good rim and vice versa for a cost so low I've forgotten it. I remember thinking that it was well worth it. These were very old, "found behind a barn" tires, not something that I purchased there.

They also did a good job aligning my '02 Tacoma after I put a 2" spacer lift on it, and fixed a flat on my wife's Subaru for free, 10 minutes after they "closed" on a Sunday afternoon. I did buy the Subaru tires there, but still most shops would have pretended to not see me, rather than unlock the door and coming outside to ask what I needed when I pulled in after closing. Based on that experience, and the fact that the Subaru tires they sold me still look brand new after 40k, as promised, they'll have my business whenever possible.
-Matt

bustanutley
06-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Golf balls

:guapo:

Shark Bait
06-14-2006, 01:36 PM
Tires Plus here in Parker was $12.50/tire mounted & balanced and only $2.50 per tire disposal fee. That beat Discount's fee of almost $20/tire mounting & balancing & $4/tire disposal fee. Don't know if you have one up there.