PDA

View Full Version : Warning Jeep Content

FJBRADY
07-03-2011, 07:06 PM
As some of you know Michele bought herself a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. We immediately put a 3" lift and 35's on it.

Kind of like it.....Sat radio, all the up buttons, t-tops, aka freedom top, wheel base. :homer:

Today we went up to Peru Creek Road and Chihuahua Gulch.

First couple from near the top of C. Gulch.

Last bunch from the top of Peru Creek where we had to rescue a rig trying to bust 50 yards of 4-5 foot deep drift going uphill....by himself.:dunno:

FJBRADY
07-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Few more

nattybumppo
07-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Jeep or not...that is a sweet looking rig! I bet it wheels just fine too.

RicardoJM
07-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Nice:D

Air Randy
07-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Nice rig, glad to see it wheels good. (working very hard right now not to say "I told you so"):D

Too bad you now have that Jeep affliction where now you go wheeling and don't ask any of your Toyota buddies to go along with you. :( I guess we've lost them to the dark side.............

timmbuck2
07-03-2011, 11:49 PM
sweet rig...very close to making that choice myself....just wish Mr. Toyota gave me something like that to choose!!

FJBRADY
07-04-2011, 07:10 AM
Too bad you now have that Jeep affliction where now you go wheeling and don't ask any of your Toyota buddies to go along with you. :( I guess we've lost them to the dark side.............

That's funny right there.:pirate:

RockRunner
07-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Nice looking rig guys, congrats to Michelle.

Can't believe that guy was trying to bust snow on his own. What was he going to do, spend the night or dig it out with his hands????

JadeRunner
07-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Way to go Brady. Nothing wrong with Jeeps. Ther're all OHV's like we are. Heck, I thought you were the anti jeep guy. Guess not.

I'm sure you and Michelle remember all those old guys in Rubi's idling through the Golden Crack without flinching as we all ate lunch. Then proceeded to spank the hard line on the next obstacle.

nakman
07-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Can't believe that guy was trying to bust snow on his own. What was he going to do, spend the night or dig it out with his hands????

I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time. But hey at least he didn't just drive around it, looked easy enough to do on both sides.. so give it up to the guy for staying on the road and working the drift for a bit. :thumb:

And yeah nice Jeep Steve.. :cool:

Jacket
07-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Congrats Michelle. Nice ride!

Hulk
07-05-2011, 12:12 PM
That's a sweet Jeep. Can't blame you a bit for buying one. They are really set up nicely right from the factory.

RedCreeper
07-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Nice! ...... oh and Welcome to this world. "Its a JEEP thing. Now YOU understand."

We are now thinking of doing the same after the whole clutch ordeal. Now the throw out bearing is squealing since the dealership never heard me say to check it out while you are in there they want me to pay another 500 in labor charges plus the part.

wesintl
07-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Nice rig steve.. Tell her to take the top off... :eek: I mean, err, well, ahh, you know, nevermind ;)

FJBRADY
07-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks everybody! Michele loves the truck and she let's me drive it on the more technical sections of trails. :thumb: It's ready for Chinaman's, Spring Creek and anything but Pritchett in Moab.

For those who are wondering I still have the 40 and have no plans on parting with it....serious offers always considered. ;)

Caribou Sandstorm
07-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Congrats Michelle, nice rig...what it's not a Sandstorm color....

Saw one here in Pinetop, AZ...Tan, totally dialed with high lift jack..hmmmm

FJBRADY
07-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Congrats Michelle, nice rig...what it's not a Sandstorm color....

Saw one here in Pinetop, AZ...Tan, totally dialed with high lift jack..hmmmm

Meh....Sandstorm is soooo played yo. Thought about you when building it.....said to myself "what would Davis do" answer 35's and whammo it's got 35's.:thumb:

Caribou Sandstorm
07-05-2011, 10:11 PM
:thumb:

Tch2fly
07-06-2011, 06:13 AM
Wow Steve, I really feel like I let the team down when you asked about buying my 80 ... I had no idea you would move so quickly to the dark side ;)

It is a good looking rig, I would totally consider getting a Rubicon ...

now that I am 1500 miles from anybody that knows me. :hill:

FJBRADY
07-06-2011, 08:07 AM
It is a good looking rig, I would totally consider getting a Rubicon ....

now that I am 1500 miles from anybody that knows me. :hill:

Good point I'll bring it to the meeting tonight and get a good sense of who my real friends are.:risingsun

Red_Chili
07-06-2011, 10:31 AM
sweet rig...very close to making that choice myself....just wish Mr. Toyota gave me something like that to choose!!
+1
If I had to replace the Chili it would be one of those. With a Hemi of course. :blah:

OilHammer
07-06-2011, 10:50 AM
I have always liked them....even wondered if you could buy one without the drivetrain so you could put a Tundra powerplant in there and have it run right. :) Still like them...for most people, out of the box very capable, looks good, solid axles, lockers, frame, removable top. It's really the closest thing to a 70 series we ever got.

leiniesred
07-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Wow Steve and Michele! I really like it! I have already paid my "jeep dues" but I am ready to pay in some more.

I'd really like a pickup truck, but that Jeep is mighty tempting. Mighty tempting.
I could just put a hitch on the jeep, borrow the father-in-law's trailer...instant 4 door solid axle pickup truck with a windshield that can fold down and doors that can come off. Perfect!

Caribou Sandstorm
07-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Good point I'll bring it to the meeting tonight and get a good sense of who my real friends are.:risingsun

I am boycotting the meeting tonight if you are bringing a jeep..... :p:

Actually still in AZ with the in-laws....

OilHammer
07-06-2011, 01:52 PM

Oh, that's where that epic dust storm came from!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSqcqUIqtvA
Coming in hot!

RedCreeper
07-06-2011, 05:18 PM

See Chris I'm not the only one...... :eek:

PhatFJ
07-08-2011, 11:59 AM
WOW, really SHWEEET J**P!! I wish I could own one!!
Someday maybe, when I grow up...