PDA

View Full Version : Jones Pass Conditions?

coax
07-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Has anyone been up the Jones pass road recently? I imagine it still has a bunch of snow, but curious how far up I might be able to get. Had a friend loose a ski up there at the beginning of the winter so thinking of going and looking for it.

MDH33
07-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Has anyone been up the Jones pass road recently? I imagine it still has a bunch of snow, but curious how far up I might be able to get. Had a friend loose a ski up there at the beginning of the winter so thinking of going and looking for it.

I was up there last week and I got about 1/2 mile beyond the Butler Gulch Trailhead before hitting big drifts. If you know the lower area where the round buck and rail fence and closed gate are, that's about it. I could see the upper road and that cornice at the pass is bigger than I've ever seen it in July. No way the top will open this season.

wesintl
07-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Cory, I'm friends with powder addiction on FB and Jamie posted he found a ski on jones pass.

"Who lost a single ski last winter at Jones? let me know tell me the make and model i may have it for you, found 1 the other day
Jamie"

coax
07-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Awesome, thanks for the info guys. Wes, I forwarded on that facebook info to my buddy, so fingers crossed! If it turns out to be it he definitely owes you some :beer:

Corey

coax
08-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Time for a quick little update/sum-up.

This winter one of my friends lost his ski up on jones pass, while skiing with another of my friends. Was early winter, and before they could find it we got massive amounts of snow.

We had planned to drive up and go hiking around to look for it this spring, hence this post on road conditions. Per Wes' post above, and through a chain of about 6 people, we were able to get the ski back! It was indeed the same ski that was found by some other folks, who in turn told powder addictions, where Wes saw that FB post and this Rising Sun post, and connected the two! Woohoo!

So, Wes, you've got some :beer: coming your way, just need to know what "flavor" you like! :cheers:

wesintl
08-06-2011, 01:38 PM
great outcome. I'm glad he got the ski back. Don't worry bout :beer:the pass on the karma

not to mention you hooked me up on that winch. you drink the beer :cheers: