PDA

View Full Version : Wanna go camping this coming weekend Friday 7/15 to Sunday 7/17...

Overlander
07-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Jenny Creek run has been postponed but we're thinking of still going camping somewhere. Looking for some solitude and nice views with minimum snow cover... :) Can anyone recommend a place (within 2hrs of Denver metro) for a nice weekend getaway? Our Landcruiser is still pretty stock (no lift, no sliders, no winch) so we need to plan accordingly. It's gonna be me, my wife Teresa and Jordan - our 7 year old girl. If anyone wants to join us for camping/wheeling you're welcome to - PM me or send me an email (jjtdepaul at yahoo dot com).

Rezarf
07-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Its tough since there is so much snow cover still in the high country. Rollins pass (the route to Jenny Creek) is open for some of the way and it has several nice car camping spots along the way. The Nederland area in general has a lot to offer in disperse camping spots as well.

If you are willing to get up into Winter Park area, there are a lot of USFS campgrounds that are open with lots to offer in terms of views, water, wildlife. Monarch lake comes to mind near Granby.

Overlander
07-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Its tough since there is so much snow cover still in the high country. Rollins pass (the route to Jenny Creek) is open for some of the way and it has several nice car camping spots along the way. The Nederland area in general has a lot to offer in disperse camping spots as well.

If you are willing to get up into Winter Park area, there are a lot of USFS campgrounds that are open with lots to offer in terms of views, water, wildlife. Monarch lake comes to mind near Granby.

Winter Park area sounds really cool - where is Monarch lake, I couldn't find it on Traildamage.com?!