PDA

View Full Version : DEWALT drill/impact combo

girraffe
07-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Sold

Kipper
07-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Bump and endorsement. I have the full line-up of DeWalt 18v stuff and I never use it now that I got the new 12v stuff. The 12v driver is hands down my favorite tool. Gotta install those belt clips!

girraffe
07-15-2011, 11:05 AM
thanks the driver is pretty badass. absolutely perfect for those tight little spaces with those dern long winded bolts...

TIMZTOY
07-15-2011, 07:39 PM
i have the larger impact set, by far my favorite tool in the box. strong enough to remove lugnuts, and surpasses the "torque spec" when installing.. im not sure what the #'s are on the 12v but id but it if i didnt have the 18 already..

corsair23
07-16-2011, 12:03 AM
i have the larger impact set, by far my favorite tool in the box. strong enough to remove lugnuts, and surpasses the "torque spec" when installing.. im not sure what the #'s are on the 12v but id but it if i didnt have the 18 already..

I was thinking about it for use on the trail but when I checked the specs on line it looks like this version of impact driver only goes to 79 in/lb :confused: - maybe they meant 79 ft/lb...

I couldn't actually find the specs on DeWalt's site but per Amazon.com

"Powerful and Easy to Use
The impact driver offers 3,400 impacts per minute and up to 79 inch-pounds of torque. The 1/4-inch chuck can be operated with one hand, so loading bits up to 1 inch is a quick and easy. The driver features a built-in belt clip, three barrel-mounted LEDs, and reverse for additional ease of use."

Shark Bait
07-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Bump and endorsement. I have the full line-up of DeWalt 18v stuff and I never use it now that I got the new 12v stuff. The 12v driver is hands down my favorite tool. Gotta install those belt clips!

So why is the 12v better? I would think 18v is better because it's more power.

girraffe
07-16-2011, 10:33 AM
79 ft lbs

http://www.dewalt.com/tools/cordless-impact-driverswrenches-drivers--wrenches-dcf815s2.aspx

http://www.dewalt.com/tools/cordless-drills-drilldrivers-dcd710s2.aspx

specs per dewalt...

Let me attempt : the 12v LITHIUM ION stuff is a lot more compact than the Ni Cad 18 V stuff. Also batteries last longer. 18v does have more power...

Theres more power in a H1 or silverado but for some reason we keep going with land cruisers and tacomas...

wow i think im talking myself into keep ing this set after all. jk

Kipper
07-18-2011, 01:33 PM
So why is the 12v better? I would think 18v is better because it's more power.

because it's tiny and weighs nothing, even compared to my lith/ion 18v stuff. don't get me wrong, the 18v stuff still gets used for most big jobs that require lots of power, but for almost everything on the honey-do list, this is the one I grab off the bench.