PDA

View Full Version : Dead tires and wheels

subzali
06-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Thought I'd still post up just in case there's any interest at all.

Tires with just about enough tread to set a restoration on while working on it - I would not drive on these tires. They hold air well enough, but they're just beyond the point of being useful under a working vehicle.

Rims - black spoke - all fit on FJ40s. One set of 2 are the same (I think), other set of 2 are the same (I think), but the two sets are not the same (make sense?) They're close, but if you look closely the folds are different, and the one set is deeper on the front side than the other. One of the rims is bent too and makes for quite the shimmy as it can't be balanced out (I've been told).

I also have a fifth rim that has a dead 28 or 29" spare on it, but this rim is different than the other four (folds etc. are different).

So any interest? Offer a price, I can post up pictures this weekend if anybody's interested, and you can email me at theonlysubzali@hotmail.com

subzali
11-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Bump to top: still have these. I'll bring them to the next meeting if anybody wants them. Otherwise, how do get rid of wheels and tires? How much does it cost? Thanks.

nuclearlemon
11-12-2006, 07:19 PM
rims, steel scrap yard
tires, watch for a free day in your local paper, otherwise it costs anywhere from 8-12 bucks per tire to scrap them

subzali
11-12-2006, 07:25 PM
how do you get the tires off the rims? If I just let the air out can I break the bead off and get them off?

Uncle Ben
11-12-2006, 07:47 PM
how do you get the tires off the rims? If I just let the air out can I break the bead off and get them off?

Great trail practice! Use the foot of your highlift and a sledge hammer. Pull core, place the jack base against rim on tire, start jacking against the bumber. As the tire squishes down tap the jackbase towards the rims as much as possible. If tire doesn't just pop off the rim bead then hit the beat with hammer. Grab some leafs from an old sping pack or anything else that will work as a tire spoon and pry the tire off the rim. You will do this sometime on the trail with no choice so learning how it's done in the comfort of your driveway is a valuable lesson! Or you can take tires with rims to recycling....they will take it all for free. (your chain pieces too!) :thumb:

Hulk
11-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Our trash company will haul off old tires for free. You mileage may vary.

nakman
11-12-2006, 09:38 PM
I've got a set of 4 stock rims & tires from a 1998 mini-taco.. those little 2wd buggers like Subzali has (RN93?). 5 lugs, don't know spacing.. I think they're 205 75 r14 but not sure (could go look..) these might just fit that trailer you're building, or if you got a little Taco here you go you can finally build up that winter set.

Price is -1 :beer:.. . if I can give these to you at the next RS meeting, I'll buy you a :beer: after.

:beer2: :cheers: