PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Toyota 4wd VAN for sale

PatrolMan
07-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Decided that I don’t really need a van to transport our baby as my wife is home all the time with her grocery-getter. I bought this last Fall with our baby on the way, and we haven’t used it to take her anywhere in the 6 months since she was born. Up for sale briefly here before it goes on Craigslist.

1987 with MANUAL transmission and the desirable hi-low transfer case with shifter rather than push-button. Converted to Aisin (Toyota) manual locking hubs from stock automatic hubs. When I converted to manual locking hubs, I also rebuilt the front brakes. Brand new rotors & pads. Wheel bearings cleaned and re-packed with fresh grease and new seals. Also new locking washers.

Seats for 7, and the rear seat easily pops out to carry larger/taller items (think dirt bikes and such). Middle row has dual captains chairs that swivel and recline. 3rd row is a bench that seats 3 people. Sliding door on one side, rear door lifts open. Only minimal amount of rust and some dents/dings.

Includes set of chrome factory rims with 4 near new aggressive studded snow tires. They are AMAZING in winter! Also has 4 aftermarket rims with slightly larger tires for Summer. I had to do a very minor bit of trimming on the front to clear the larger 15” tires. Could likely go to 30” tires with a slight lift and a bit more trim.

This has the factory 2.2L inline EFI 4 cylinder push-rod Toyota engine. Simple and reliable. Seems to have more power than a 22r or 22re, but less "grunt" torque for towing or pulling. A much better highway cruising vehicle and can easily hold highway speeds, even on most hills. Generally gets 20-22mpg in town with LOTS of stop/go driving. Supposed to have a 1,000 pound payload, can haul a 4x8 sheet of plywood with the back seats removed. Coil springs in rear provide for a fair smooth ride and can be lifted a bit and torsion bars up front allow for cranking a bit to lift the front.

This van was loaded with NEARLY every option for the year. Factory features this van has:
Power windows for front
Power door locks (which need some work, I bought all extra parts for it)
Power mirrors
Built in factory fog lights
Silent alarm system
Chrome rims
Center fridge/freezer in console (runs on A/C)
Cruise control
Front and rear heaters on separate controls
A/C (believe it needs recharged as it does not blow cold)
Tilt-steering
Power steering
Upgraded stereo (which has been replaced with aftermarket with MP3 input)
Large sliding windows for 2nd row
Selectable intermittent wipers
Rear wiper
Rear defrost grid
Full gauge cluster with tach, oil PSI, etc
Triple odometers
Captain chairs in middle row
Dome and spot lights above rear view mirror
Courtesy lights for turning (on/off with turn signals)

Only options offered in 1987 it does NOT have:
2nd and 3rd row that make a sleeping area (impossible with captains chairs)
Sun roof

Included will be some spare parts that I have picked up for it but haven’t yet installed. Includes a brand new Fram fuel filter, new valve cover gasket, new spark plugs, and new spark plug wires. Planned on a basic tune as it has been a while, but it still runs fine and will easily pass an emissions test, which will be included. Also have a clean copy of a Carfax from late last year. I have maintenance records since I got it, including the brakes, water pump, some coolant lines, starter, etc.

What is STILL needs:
Key for door locks; the ignition key doesn’t fit and I don’t have one for the doors.
Both windows on each side for the 3rd row have minor cracks, which is typical for the 4wd models.
Passenger rear axle seal is weeping oil a bit but I just checked the level and it is fine.
Driver rear wheel has a broken wheel stud
Passenger front is missing a lug nut; may need a wheel stud.

It is hard to find these with the 5 speed and dual range t-case! $2,900 before it goes in CL in a week or so.

Pics in driveway are from when I first got it, window and lights have since been replaced. See link for more pics and thread:
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?11088-1987-Toyota-4x4-Van-Project&highlight=van+toyota

SROR/AKA 2BAD
07-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Trade ya my 84 fj60 for it :thumb:

PatrolMan
07-26-2011, 06:10 PM
The wife would shoot me. ;) Just picked up a Tacoma today as I really like having a truck. It is a replacement for the van. Promised the van will find a new home.

girraffe
07-26-2011, 06:42 PM
very cool. wish i had the cashflow.

SROR/AKA 2BAD
07-27-2011, 08:36 AM
very cool. wish i had the cashflow.

x2

PatrolMan
07-27-2011, 09:39 AM
They are cool vans. I had one previously that was almost matching. It had a bit of rust, but no dents. Not quite as many options, but the important 5 speed and 4wd h-/low. A guy flew out from Seattle and drove it back for more than I am asking. He wasn't the only one willing to fly either. Completely crazy!

PatrolMan
07-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Posted on Craigslist today. Not likely to last long.

wesintl
07-28-2011, 03:36 PM
good thing it's not a suspicious van...

http://suspiciousvan.com/?m=201107

PatrolMan
07-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Sold!