PDA

View Full Version : not being able to post pics

SRT08BUS
07-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Every time I try it says responding to risingsun and then after a few I get a blank white page on the management window. In the past some times I would just hit review and it would justso the pics I was trying to load....not happening in this case.

FJBRADY
07-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Make sure you reduce the size of the pictures before posting up. I always do med. size and med. res.

SRT08BUS
07-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Make sure you reduce the size of the pictures before posting up. I always do med. size and med. res.

I guess I'm a little bit useless when it comes to comps., I thought when that happens it tells you the file is to big...this just turns to a white screen with nothing on it.

SRT08BUS
07-26-2011, 07:59 PM
test.......I found that the sample pics from the comp I just bought work so it is in my pic sizes.....so now I need to find how to shrink them

Jacket
07-27-2011, 02:18 PM
You have options

- some Office installs come with Microsoft Picture Manager, which includes a resizing function. If you have MS Office installed on your PC, see if it shows up under one of the sub-menus.

- Set up a free account at Photobucket, Flickr, or equivalent picture host. Most will resize automatically, or provide a tool.

- Download a free utility from the net. Here's one example:
http://download.cnet.com/Free-Picture-Resize-Starter/3000-12511_4-10297789.html

rover67
07-27-2011, 02:29 PM
I use the powertoys resizer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/windows-xp

it works really well. turns it into a right click thing.

RicardoJM
07-27-2011, 02:31 PM
I use IRFANVIEW it works well and is free. It is a bit of a hassle to go through the resizeing process (whatever the tool) but it does make a significant difference in the amount of disk space that is needed to store the pictures, which makes our server resources extend further and probably saves us some money.

corsair23
07-27-2011, 02:50 PM
I use the powertoys resizer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/windows-xp

it works really well. turns it into a right click thing.

x2 - this is what I use

You can resize one picture or hundreds at a time by highlighting them and then right-clicking and select resize. Several standard resizing options plus custom and you can choose whether it saves the resized picture over the old file or saves a new copy of the picture.

I have Irfanview as well but never use it because of the powertoys version's simple right-click integration :)

wesintl
07-27-2011, 02:51 PM
I use walgreens, print them out... then I drive around and show them to interested parties. ;)

on the flip side depending on what kind of system you have... right click, open with - microsoft office 2010.

Then edit pictures, resize, predefined width x height and choose web large 640x480

Of course i dunno if it's worth all the trouble to look at fjcruisers ;)

corsair23
07-27-2011, 11:54 PM
on the flip side depending on what kind of system you have... right click, open with - microsoft office 2010.

Office 2010? Heck, I'm still using Office 2003 :hill:

SRT08BUS
07-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Thanks everyone for the help, here's my next try.....like butter but it will take a bit to get them all changed