PDA

View Full Version : Goodby to my 80 and working on my new project

Romer
07-30-2011, 10:12 PM
The truck is on its way back to Texas. The guy that bought it seems like a nice guy.

Spent the weekend so far beginning the build up on my 100

It already had a lift sliders and 33's. I installed an ARB front bumper, my HAM and an ipod interface for the stereo. With all the other pluses's it's disappointing it doesn't have an MP3 player. But the 6 disc deck is a CD/DVD deck. Sat in the garage for a while watching our Rubithon video on the front screen. Way cool. The back screen has a seperate DVD player and headphones for anyone riding back there.

Tomorrow. think I'll add a Aux Fuse block. Just have to figure out where to put it.

In a couple of weeks, I'll take it to Christo's to install the skid plates, rear bumper and winch and maybe ARB lockers if I can make up my mind on gears by then. Leaning against right now. Not sure I want to run anything bigger than 33's. At least run these a couple of years and see how they do.

Rezarf
07-30-2011, 11:19 PM
Sounds like FUN Romer!

nakman
07-31-2011, 11:11 PM
Romer I hate to say it but you've got me looking at my 80 a little differently now.. I'm looking forward to seeing that 100 out on a trail some time.

PS- I put my aux. fuse block under the passenger seat, on the outside, like the last picture on this page: http://www.sleeoffroad.com/project_vehicles/UZJ100/UZJ100_main.htm in fact, you should try to replicate everything they did on that truck.. :)

Nay
08-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Not sure I want to run anything bigger than 33's

Sounds like fun...but this will never last :D

AxleIke
08-01-2011, 01:29 PM
AHHA! More converts to IFS!! I love it!

Uncle Ben
08-01-2011, 01:34 PM
AHHA! More converts to IFS!! I love it!

I see a new wave of income for Robbie, Christo and others! :D :thumb: :bowdown::weld:

Rezarf
08-01-2011, 01:41 PM
I see a new wave of income for Robbie, Christo and others! :D :thumb: :bowdown::weld:

Hehehe :p:

AxleIke
08-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Then it's good for all!!!

Actually, once you learn how to drive IFS, it is very easy to keep it together. It becomes all about finese, and very low usage of the skinny pedal, except when needed.

Lockers front and rear are the best way to go, provided the front is selectable. That will give you the greatest chance of keeping the CV's alive.

farnhamstj
08-01-2011, 06:33 PM
And the pictures are where?

JadeRunner
08-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Then it's good for all!!!

Actually, once you learn how to drive IFS, it is very easy to keep it together. It becomes all about finese, and very low usage of the skinny pedal, except when needed.

Lockers front and rear are the best way to go, provided the front is selectable. That will give you the greatest chance of keeping the CV's alive.

I sure agree with that.

Ken. Stay with 33's and get back to relying on driver skill (and armor) to get you through. It will make it more fun.

AxleIke
08-01-2011, 10:45 PM
I sure agree with that.

Ken. Stay with 33's and get back to relying on driver skill (and armor) to get you through. It will make it more fun.

Agreed. Wheeling IFS is indeed a far more driver intensive, and fun, way to wheel. The 100 series has sufficiently upgraded stuff to make it pretty robust as well. If you want a LOT of challenge, find a mini truck and wheel that IFS. :D

OTOH, point and shoot can be fun too. Or, in my case, more fun to build than wheel.

MDH33
08-02-2011, 12:35 AM
The truck is on its way back to Texas. The guy that bought it seems like a nice guy.

Spent the weekend so far beginning the build up on my 100

It already had a lift sliders and 33's. I installed an ARB front bumper, my HAM and an ipod interface for the stereo. With all the other pluses's it's disappointing it doesn't have an MP3 player. But the 6 disc deck is a CD/DVD deck. Sat in the garage for a while watching our Rubithon video on the front screen. Way cool. The back screen has a seperate DVD player and headphones for anyone riding back there. Tomorrow think I'll add a Aux Fuse block. Just have to figure out where to put it.

In a couple of weeks, I'll take it to Christo's to install the skid plates, rear bumper and winch and maybe ARB lockers if I can make up my mind on gears by then. Leaning against right now. Not sure I want to run anything bigger than 33's. At least run these a couple of years and see how they do.

Sounds cool Romer.

I re-wrote your post from a poor, rusty, FJ40 owners perspective, just for fun:

The truck is on its way back to my garage. The guy that bought it seems like a Hoser.

Spent the weekend so far working on getting this piece of crap running.

It already had rust, electrical problems and worn out 33's. I wanted to install an ARB front bumper, my HAM and an ipod interface for the stereo, but this heap never had a stereo. With all the other pluses's it's disappointing it doesn't have an MP3 player. But the cheap Cobra CB rules. Sat in the garage for a while watching oil drip from the leaking main. Way cool. The back of the tub has a big hole in the floor to watch the road for anyone riding back there. Jump seats Rule! Tomorrow, think I'll add a Aux Fuse block, the factory one doesn't work. Just have to figure out where to put it. maybe in the glove box with the CB.

In a couple of weeks, I'll take it to Christo's to install the skid plates, rear bumper and winch and maybe ARB lockers if I can make up my mind on gears by then. Ha Ha Ha Ha. Just kidding! Would need a to sell a kid or two to pull that off. Leaning against the worn out 33's right now. Not sure I want to run anything bigger than 33's anyway. At least run these a couple of years and see how they do. Hope they don't disintegrate at 60mph. But can't go that fast anyway.

;)

Uncle Ben
08-02-2011, 07:12 AM
Sounds cool Romer.

I re-wrote your post from a poor, rusty, FJ40 owners perspective, just for fun:

The truck is on its way back to my garage. The guy that bought it seems like a Hoser.

Spent the weekend so far working on getting this piece of crap running.

It already had rust, electrical problems and worn out 33's. I wanted to install an ARB front bumper, my HAM and an ipod interface for the stereo, but this heap never had a stereo. With all the other pluses's it's disappointing it doesn't have an MP3 player. But the cheap Cobra CB rules. Sat in the garage for a while watching oil drip from the leaking main. Way cool. The back of the tub has a big hole in the floor to watch the road for anyone riding back there. Jump seats Rule! Tomorrow, think I'll add a Aux Fuse block, the factory one doesn't work. Just have to figure out where to put it. maybe in the glove box with the CB.

In a couple of weeks, I'll take it to Christo's to install the skid plates, rear bumper and winch and maybe ARB lockers if I can make up my mind on gears by then. Ha Ha Ha Ha. Just kidding! Would need a to sell a kid or two to pull that off. Leaning against the worn out 33's right now. Not sure I want to run anything bigger than 33's anyway. At least run these a couple of years and see how they do. Hope they don't disintegrate at 60mph. But can't go that fast anyway.

;)

:lmao::)

bh4rnnr
08-02-2011, 07:15 PM
:lmao::)

Agree, good way to start the morning:lmao::thumb: