PDA

View Full Version : terrible seating position

CardinalFJ60
07-31-2011, 08:45 PM
maybe it's 'cuz I'm short....or something. But I'm uncomfortable in the 40 is it safe to shim the seat to get it to a better position? should I just get new seats? (I have those procar seat from IPOR in the 60 and they are GREAT (but super spendy). It's like I need one more 'click' forward on the tilt back. I'm constantly scooching forward and back, slouching, hunching over to see over the hood.

I love the idea of heated seats...I really like the ones in my Subie. How much is involved in fabbing up brackets. Seems like alot to me. :confused:

Rezarf
07-31-2011, 11:25 PM
I bolted in a set of Saab seats with relatively little effort.

They make a nice heated option, tilt forward and with built in seat belts on the drop top models.

There are a lot of options but sometimes you will have seats sit a little high in a 40 due to the mount over the gas tank.

Drew

FJBRADY
08-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Hey Shawn, I have Honda Prelude seats out of a 92. They give plenty of support and they sit up high giving me plenty of visability on the trail.

subzali
08-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Shawn, I run into the same trouble as you by feeling that my seats are reclined too far back (stock seats in stock position). I've thought about shimming up the rear too to help with that. You can do whatever with a little metal, welder, grinder, and drills. I like Drew's option though...