PDA

View Full Version : Looking to hire a Pathfinder mechanic for a learning experience

Dmitry
07-31-2011, 11:29 PM
Hey everybody! I know this a Toyota forum, but I'm stuck with a Pathfinder for another year or two. I'm reading all I can about the Landcruiser, and that will be my next auto as soon as the time comes. In the meantime, I've gone on a few of your runs as Daniel's guest and I'm becoming more familiar with the Landcuisers as a result of hanging out with him and with your club.

For now, I'd like to get more comfortable with performing maintenance and light repairs on my own. I figure that a lot of the skills I pick up now will transfer to the Toyota when I get one.

I'd like to hire someone who is experienced with the current model of Pathfinders to walk me through some heavy maintenance on my 2007 Pathfinder with 68k miles.

Specifically, I'd like to replace the four sets of brake pads, front and rear diff, transmission, radiator, and brake fluid. I think there's another differential - center diff? I'm not sure...

Anyway, if you're a Nissan mechanic, or could be one, and enjoy teaching newbies how to do this sort of stuff, and have the lift/jack/stands, or whatever we need, please let me know. My plan is to buy all the parts and fluids from Nissan, and then hire someone who's good at teaching this sort of thing for a few hours-long hands-on lesson while I do the work.

We could do the work at your garage, or outside at the place where I work, near Blake and Broadway in LoDo.

corsair23
08-01-2011, 12:22 AM
I'd like to hire someone who is experienced with the current model of Pathfinders to walk me through some heavy maintenance on my 2007 Pathfinder with 68k miles.

Specifically, I'd like to replace the four sets of brake pads, front and rear diff, transmission, radiator, and brake fluid. I think there's another differential - center diff? I'm not sure...

My guess is that the most difficult thing you'll run into on the above will be bleeding the brakes/flushing the system after swapping the pads...

Good for you wanting to learn :thumb:

Art Volmer
08-01-2011, 08:14 AM
You can call me if you would like a hand I sent my info in a PM

TIMZTOY
08-01-2011, 01:49 PM
I too can help if u still need

Inukshuk
08-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Nice!

Dmitry
08-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Timztoy, thank you for the offer! I've been chatting with Art via PMs and we'll get a part of my project scheduled soon.

It is great to see so many options for technical assistance on this forum! Thanks a ton, everybody!!!!

Rezarf
08-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Ha! I read that wrong and thought he was going to replace both diff's the tranny, radiator and while he was at it the brake fluid! :lol:

By a Hanes manual, thats how I learned... they have a lot of pics and step by step directions. Factory manuals would be a nice investment as well.

Have fun, we all start somewhere!