PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Argentine Pass Cleanup Run 2 - SEPT. 25

subzali
08-03-2011, 07:59 AM
EDIT: Date changed to September 25 to not conflict with Outlaws Run.

When: Sunday, September 25, 2011. Meet at 9am, roll at 9:30am

Where: Argentine Trailhead off of Guanella Pass Road

Communcations: Ham 146.460, CB Channel 4 (may switch depending on radio traffic)

What to bring:

Water
Food
Warm Clothes
Work boots/long pants, hats, gloves
Trash bags

The Plan:
Clean up some items that we discovered during this summer's 1st cleanup run. Possibly install carsonite, and then enjoy the view of the valley in some way, shape, or form.

Please let me know if you plan on attending and I will alert the Forest Service. We have to give them 10 days notice.

bh4rnnr
08-03-2011, 09:08 AM
I'm looking at the calendar for the rest of the summer, and my wife and I are busy until Labor Day. Then we are free on the weekend of Sept. 18th. We need to make one more run up to Argentine as a club, how does Sept. 18th sound?

Cant do the 18th as we will be coming back from Montana. How bout the next weekend?

subzali
08-03-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm open for the 25th, do you think it will be snowing up there yet?

bh4rnnr
08-03-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm open for the 25th, do you think it will be snowing up there yet?

Thats the only issue I had with moving it further into September. Hard to say what it will be doing that time of year....

corsair23
08-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Might be able to do the 18th but not the 25th...Don't schedule around me though...I haven't been able to make a single Argentine Pass cleanup run yet :(

Jacket
08-03-2011, 03:51 PM
We camped above Vail last year in October and it was warm and beautiful. We camped/ran Holy Cross a few years back in late September and it snowed a couple of inches. You just never know what you'll get, but that's true for either the 18th or the 25th.

BreckBJ44
08-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Supposed to be a warm indian summer here this fall. I am back east for the 25th, but could do the 18th.

subzali
08-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Looks like Brant and I might be heading up on Friday Sept. 30th show I can show him what we've seen up there this year. I'll try to get more definition of what we'll try to accomplish on Sept. 18th or 25th (leaning toward the 25th, it would be nice to have you along Perry since you have so much history in the area), but this is the tentative plan for now.

Here's my thoughts for Sept. 25th: We'll head up the lower road, clean up the hunter's camp by the creek crossing, possibly place carsonite on 248.1D (depending on FS approval), and then maybe make a run for Argentine Pass proper or McClellan Mtn.

Who is interesting in coming?

When Brant comes up on Sept. 30th, I'll want to show him the ATV tracks that Perry and I saw off the upper road earlier this summer, I'd like to show him 248.1D, and then do some inspecting on the lower road where we found some problems earlier this summer.

nuclearlemon
08-05-2011, 11:15 AM
i should be good for both weekends

Old40Dog
08-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Still be in Wyoming/Montana on the 18th. Should be available for the 25th.

timmbuck2
08-14-2011, 11:14 AM
25th is better but I can try to make either one work

Inukshuk
08-14-2011, 01:25 PM
I was just up there yesterday. Ran into Squishy too.

Very proud to see the Adopt-a Trail sign. Tons of glass in the area I camped just below Waldorf.

Great creek crossings.

subzali
08-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the report Daniel, feel free to send me a log of your hours. I'm glad to hear the Stay the Trail sign is still up and not torn down.

Inukshuk
08-16-2011, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the report Daniel, feel free to send me a log of your hours. I'm glad to hear the Stay the Trail sign is still up and not torn down.

What are you looking for on that? Perry mentioned it too.

subzali
08-30-2011, 08:25 AM
Sorry Daniel, missed your question. The forms are located in the Land Use section, they are in a Stickied thread at the top of the page.

All, I updated the first post, so feel free to be back and read what I wrote there.

bh4rnnr
08-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Gues I better be there since you changed the date to not interfere with this years Outlaws Run.

On top of what you have planned, it would be nice to try and get up to the top of Argentine, check out McClellan MT, and I need to show you some of the trails around the huners cabin below McClellan.

:beer:

theboomboom
09-09-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm in for this run!

I have a few people from school who are interested in coming too. They are in my management class, and one of the requirements we have is a group service project, so this is what we've decided to do for ours. There will be 5 students in addition to myself, two of them are bringing heeps. Should be a great time!

subzali
09-09-2011, 12:30 PM
yep, now I just have to get the FS to call me back! :homer:

AHorseThief
09-13-2011, 10:40 AM
I should be able to make this one.

subzali
09-20-2011, 02:35 PM
SO WHO'S EXCITED FOR SUNDAY!?

Check the first post for more detailed run info!

Everyone who posted earlier in the thread I alerted the FS would be on this run. I've already had a couple cancellations, but I think we'll still have a sizeable group, but if you would, please confirm with me that you plan on attending so I don't leave the TH without you!

Brant will not be there, so I do not think that we will be putting up any signs or doing any closures, so it should be a pretty quick run as far as work is concerned and then we can go do some exploring and see what we can find!

timmbuck2
09-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Olivia (14 year old daughter) and I will be there, and yes we are excited. It is her first 'real' trip offroad, and she might even get a little driving lesson at some point. :eek::eek::eek:

theboomboom
09-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Myself, and the group are in!

SRT08BUS
09-22-2011, 08:24 PM
I'll be trying to get the day off, might be behind by a hour or two.

MDH33
09-23-2011, 08:19 PM
EDIT: Date changed to September 25 to not conflict with Outlaws Run.

When: Sunday, September 25, 2011. Meet at 9am, roll at 9:30am

Where: Argentine Trailhead off of Guanella Pass Road

Communcations: Ham 146.460, CB Channel 4 (may switch depending on radio traffic)

What to bring:

Water
Food
Warm Clothes
Work boots/long pants, hats, gloves
Trash bags

The Plan:
Clean up some items that we discovered during this summer's 1st cleanup run. Possibly install carsonite, and then enjoy the view of the valley in some way, shape, or form.

Please let me know if you plan on attending and I will alert the Forest Service. We have to give them 10 days notice.

Just found out I'll be able to make it to represent the Forest Service. I'll be bringing the carsonite sign materials and tools as well. I'll need a ride from someone, so hopefully there is a free seat.

FYI - Depending on how many folks show up, there is now very limited parking at the trail head due to the new paving on the Guanella pass rd. So, you may have to park down below the switchback near the trailhead. There is an ATV parking area down there.

See you all Sunday! :thumb:

subzali
09-23-2011, 09:43 PM
I know I will have a free seat! See you all Sunday! Thanks Martin!

timmbuck2
09-24-2011, 11:45 AM
We have a free seat in the 80 also..see you in the morning!

theboomboom
09-25-2011, 10:56 PM
Had a great time today! but am tired now so I'll get some pictures posted later...