PDA

View Full Version : 2005+ Tacoma lower front bumper similar to 4Runner?

Caribou Sandstorm
08-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Does anyone know if the 2005+ Tacoma lower front bumper shae the same body angles and mounting locations as the 2005+ 4Runner?

Also wondering if BVB or ThreeWheelBen know..

Jacket
08-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Are you trying to adapt a Tacoma front bumper to your Runner? I remember there being a lot of talk several years ago regarding the interchangability of suspension parts between the 4th gen Runners and Tacomas, but don't recall any investigation about frame and bumper mounts.

Not sure if these pictures will help, but cedarbarn was one of the original installers of an ARB bumper on the latest Tacoma and documented it well.

http://www.yotatech.com/f117/05-tacoma-arb-bumper-install-75102/

You can see the basic design of crush cans attached to the frame ends, and then that aluminum/galvanized cross member that acts as a bumper. That's it.... As far as measurements go, it should be the same mounting base but I don't know of any raw data.

Caribou Sandstorm
08-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Are you trying to adapt a Tacoma front bumper to your Runner? I remember there being a lot of talk several years ago regarding the interchangability of suspension parts between the 4th gen Runners and Tacomas, but don't recall any investigation about frame and bumper mounts.

Not sure if these pictures will help, but cedarbarn was one of the original installers of an ARB bumper on the latest Tacoma and documented it well.

http://www.yotatech.com/f117/05-tacoma-arb-bumper-install-75102/

You can see the basic design of crush cans attached to the frame ends, and then that aluminum/galvanized cross member that acts as a bumper. That's it.... As far as measurements go, it should be the same mounting base but I don't know of any raw data.

Thanks Matt, yep I saw a front bumper I liked from expedition one, but i think I still like the ARB best for my 4runner. Hoope to have that wrapped up before the November trip.

TIMZTOY
08-24-2011, 07:55 PM
call toyota and get part number's and compare the two..