PDA

View Full Version : Rising Sun run to the Baja early spring of 2012?

Caribou Sandstorm
08-25-2011, 11:33 AM
How about a Baja club run? I have always wanted to do something like this. Never a better time then sooner vs. later..

For example here is a family oriented group that is going whale watching near Guerrero Negro about half way down the baja in late March 2012..

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/65137-Baja-The-Gray-Whales-2012

Their group is almost full and it might be more inviting to create our own group for such a long trip...

If you google Yuma Az, that is 17.5 hours from Denver or 2 long 9 hour days in the saddle.

Then 4 days to Guerrero Negro, a day of whale watching on boat in the San Igancio Lagoon, then 3 days back to Yuma and 2 days home.

-So you could take off on a Friday evening after work with the wife and kids, kids sleeping while your driving...
-End up in Yuma late Saturday afternoon, spend the day Sunday stretching your legs in Yuma
-Take off from Yuma Sunday afternoon
-do the trip that week,
-back in Yuma by the follwing Saturday night
-head home to Denver Sun, be home Monday afternoon

This would only mean 6 days off of work and taking the entire family....

Might be something to consider and see if the family is up for whale watching in Baja Mexico....

Imagine all the hours planning and prepping for this trip with the full support of the family! Shawing......:thumb:

What better place to test out your new 80, 120 or 100 series off road project? Or saddle up that built up mini-truck with some tall and skinny 33s..

Caribou Sandstorm
08-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Here is another thread by some Canadian folks coming through the Baja at the same time as the other group. The thread has some great advice from several folks that have been down that way..

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/59998-Baja-2012

Also a site mentioned in this second thread is http://www.Bajanomads.com

Old40Dog
08-28-2011, 08:38 AM
We'd definetly consider this trip Chris, but would want to have the diesel installed first. Probably take some grandkids:eek: along. But, not sure I'm going to be ready for Spring 2012. Still hoping for Alaska Summer 2012. Maybe Spring 2013?

timmbuck2
08-28-2011, 09:15 AM
this has been a long time dream of mine...probably would not take the kids the first time...want to read more, heard some bad things recently...but VERY interested

BreckBJ44
09-04-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm in. I have family in San Diego and do that drive a lot. Perfect reason for me to crank on the 44 rebuild!

I'll actually be out there for November and early December and may do a short run through if you need me to check out anything.

K

timmbuck2
09-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Amber's sis and her husband live in SD and also make that drive.....I am thinkin we are in!!!

Inukshuk
09-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Also have been thinking this over for a few years. Want to take 2 weeks for it and really chill. Spring 2012 probably not. But the fall maybe.

1loudLX
09-07-2011, 02:40 PM
You Boys Like MEX-I-COOOOOO???!!!!!!