PDA

View Full Version : Ouray Labor Day Weekend 2011

Old40Dog
09-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Here are a few pics from the Overnight Run top start things off. Dave & Idelle (FJ80), Steve & Sarah + daughters (FZJ80)and Steve & Linda (FJ40) all enjoyed the Overnight Run. Left Friday morning by way of the road up towards Engineer Pass to Mineral Point then over to Animas Forks to Cinnamon Pass to the Carson townsite then up by the Rio Grande Reservoir where we camped just above the reservoir. Saw 5 moose on Friday. 2 cows with calfs and 1 bull. John from Salida happened by our Land Cruisers in his Tacoma and decided to camp with us. Saturday we headed to Kite Lake for lunch and then over Stoney Pass into Silverton. John took off over Ophir Pass towards Telluride and we headed into Ouray to the Pot Luck.

Romer
09-05-2011, 12:32 AM
Dave, it was a lot of fun

On Saturday, Sarah and I did Yankee and Goveners basin with Patrick in the lead, Trey and family and a group from Oklahoma

The potluck Saturday night was awesome. Great food and great company

Romer
09-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Today (sunday) we did Black bear and Imogene. Dave was in the lead and we also had Mike Koons, Shasha, Randy and Blair and his friend in an FJ joined us for the Black bear part only

Romer
09-05-2011, 12:39 AM
a few more

Dave needed a little Tug from Randy in one spot

Air Randy
09-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Dave,

Thanks for leading this outing. Dee and I had a great time. Black Bear Pass was truely awesome. It's the best I've ever seen in Colorado.

Corbet
09-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Looks like a great trip, little bummed I missed it this year. But I got to spend the weekend cutting and hauling firewood for the winter :rolleyes:

FJBRADY
09-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Nice work, Dave! Sorry we missed it this year....definitely my favorite corner of the state.

Keep the pictures coming.:thumb:

jonharis
09-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Looks like everything worked out. I saw a few pics of Louds truck so I assume it made it through the weekend. I was hoping to make it up monday but the lake was too comfortable to leave. Great to see the pics.

Dr. Schlegs
09-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Looks beautiful. I will have to make it sometime.

subzali
09-06-2011, 08:07 AM
I've forgotten how gorgeous it is down there. I'll need to plan a trip with the :Princess: sometime.

satchel
09-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Dave, thanks so much for putting this on again. It was a really great time! A huge thanks to the Durango crew for helping lead these trails as well. You're the best!

1loudLX
09-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks for leading Black Bear Dave.

nattybumppo
09-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanks, Dave for a great trip!

nattybumppo
09-06-2011, 07:40 PM
A few more shots of Black Bear.

spcruiser
09-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Dave thanks for all your work putting event together Sara the girls and myself had a great time.
Here are some photos from the overnight Dave and Idelle's 80, Steve and Linda's 40 and Sara's 80.

spcruiser
09-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Some more from the overnight, camping spot were we meet John from Salida white Tacoma. He saw all the Cruisers and had to stop ended up camping with us and running up to Kite Lake and over Stoney Pass to Silverton with us. You meet the nicest poeple in a Cruiser.

spcruiser
09-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Last of the overnight return from Kite lake up and over Stoney pass down into Silverton and back to Ouray.

spcruiser
09-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Sunday run Poughkeepsie Gulch Corkscrew pass, Trey and family in Vorteced 60, Clayton silver Tacoma, David and Brad Oklahoma guest gold 80, Steve and Linda tan 40, Sara and girls in white 80, Patric in flareless white 80, me in white 40. Great run everone made it up the Wall with out issue and nobody needed a tug. Clayton rescued a struggling Fourrunner before it broke. Steve put on a three wheel show for us but showed great skill and calmness in getting all the wheels back in contact with the rock.

spcruiser
09-06-2011, 10:11 PM
The Wall and up to lake Como.

spcruiser
09-06-2011, 10:25 PM
The group split at the California Pass turn off David and Brad heading back to Oklahoma via California pass to Cinnamon Pass, Clayton, Steve and Linda, Patric and Lilly back to Durango via California Pass to Silverton. Trey, Sara and I went up to the top of Corkscrew, Trey back tracked to show Dad Silverton Sara the girls and I continued on over Corkscrew and back into Ouray. Great weekend Thanks to all.

4runner
09-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Who was this coming down Imogene on Saturday?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/tbox/P1020827.jpg

Who was this coming up Ophir on Sunday following the Dodge Ram?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/tbox/P1030123.jpg

Anyone lay claim to nice Black LX470 pulling into Alta Lake Campground on Sunday?

1loudLX
09-06-2011, 11:14 PM
That's tim and ... on Ophir

Mine wasnt black, (it's only half black) but I did pull into the Alta Lakes Campground in the afternoon. You were in the green 3rd gen huh?

4runner
09-07-2011, 06:02 AM
You were in the green 3rd gen huh?

Yep.

Old40Dog
09-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Who was this coming down Imogene on Saturday?

Patrick (FZJ80 from Durango) Dave and Brad (FZJ80 -Badmoon!) and Trey (FJ62-Satchel). They went up and back on Imogene Saturday after running Governor and Yankee Boy earlier in the day.

Badmoon
09-08-2011, 10:25 AM
I just wanted to give a big thanks to you guys for making Brad and I feel welcome in your back yard. We both had a great time and can't wait to get back up there. We got to see some old favorites on Saturday with Yankee Boy, Governors and Imogene (ouray side). Poughkeepsie and California on Sunday were also lots of fun. After we split from the group at Animas Forks, we went over Cinnamon to Lake City (saw a young bull moose along the way) then over Cebolla Creek to Saguache at dark and stayed at Alamosa for the night. Monday we headed over through LaVeta and Cuchara and up to the top of Trinchera Peak where we saw lots more wildlife- mainly sheep- then onward over Cordova pass and out to Agular where we finally had to resign ourselves to the fact that we were out of the mountains and headed home. It gets harder to leave the mountains with each trip- one of these times we won't leave! We met Marshall Moore in his FZJ80 near Cuchara (he was out scouting elk) who recommended we take the side trip up to Trinchera peak and had a good visit with him- he saw us coming up on him in my 80 and pulled over to chat. What a great community we have because of our old rigs! Thanks to Patrick and Steve for leading the runs on Saturday and Sunday and thanks to all the rest of the Rising Sunners' who we got to meet and enjoys the trails with. I'll try to get a few photos uploaded soon- didn't get many good ones, but maybe a couple are worthy of posting. (Oh- that's Brad and me in the 80between Patrick and Trey coming down Imogene on Saturday)

Thanks again,

Dave and Brad Rising (flatlanders from Oklahoma)

nakman
09-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Yep.

Hey I was wondering who you were.. yeah that was me in the white 100 up Ophir. I like your front bumper. :thumb: