PDA

View Full Version : WTB 20R smog compliant header

MDH33
09-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Looking for a header for my 20R that will accept the smog rail. LCE used to make one, but they are discontinued. Anyone have something, or a lead? I haven't been able to get the stock manifold to seal well or stay torqued up, so I'm looking to replace it.

:beer:

DaveInDenver
09-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Northwest Offroad might be your only option.

MDH33
09-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Northwest Offroad might be your only option.

Discontinued there as well. :(

DaveInDenver
09-06-2011, 04:25 PM
So looking for something used. :-/ Doug Thorley (pretty sure Summit sells them) is that only other header that I know about and they at least used to make an air injection header, too. Sure there have been more, though.

One thing is AFAIK Colorado does not require a smog certificate on the device like California's CARB requires (e.g why LCE tacks on that plate with their CARB number). So you could conceivably modify (or have modified) a header to have the air injection rail, right?

L43dean
09-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Martin, try the Marlin Crawler Forum. Also a few guys who work at M.C. have converted to 3rz motors, and may have a used one to sell. My NWOR N31002 emission header is advertised to fit 79-83 20/22r. Good luck!

rover67
09-06-2011, 07:54 PM
One thing is AFAIK Colorado does not require a smog certificate on the device like California's CARB requires (e.g why LCE tacks on that plate with their CARB number). So you could conceivably modify (or have modified) a header to have the air injection rail, right?

Exactly my thoughts.... I bet a friendly soul would weld whatever you needed onto a header to make it work with the smog crapola ;) ... the emissions place would be stoked to see it actually hooked up. I bet they'd smile at you.

MDH33
09-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Martin, try the Marlin Crawler Forum. Also a few guys who work at M.C. have converted to 3rz motors, and may have a used one to sell. My NWOR N31002 emission header is advertised to fit 79-83 20/22r. Good luck!

Yeah, your NWOR is really nice, but I called and they said they weren't making them anymore. I guess I'll try the used route. Thanks for the offers and suggestions guys. :beer: