PDA

View Full Version : 4.0l 1gr-fe

TIMZTOY
09-08-2011, 09:18 AM
i have 2x 1GR-FE engines for sale. one is good from a 2005 tacoma, the other is scrap and parts motor from a 03 4runner. i have both wiring harsness un-cut. i need to sell theise, because i need the money

Uncle Ben
09-08-2011, 09:22 AM
i have a 1gr-fe from a 2003 tacoma, i also have 2 wiring harness for either 2003 4unner auto tranny, and a 2003 tacoma manual tranny.

pic's if anyone is intersted

That right there should be Drews next powerplant!

Jacket
09-08-2011, 12:03 PM
The 1GR-FE didn't make it into the Tacoma into 2005, so if your motor is from 2003 it's probably out of a 4Runner.

corsair23
09-08-2011, 01:05 PM
That right there should be Drews next powerplant!

Interesting thought UB! I assume it wouldn't be something that just drops right in though :confused:

TIMZTOY
09-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Interesting thought UB! I assume it wouldn't be something that just drops right in though :confused:

yep, just depents on your version on (right in) :hill:

The 1GR-FE didn't make it into the Tacoma into 2005, so if your motor is from 2003 it's probably out of a 4Runner.

the story is that at work a customer's car i was working on had a hydro locked motor. so we (the dealer) got a used motor from a vendor. that motor had to much damage on it, (exterior accesories) and i refused to install it.. so we got a second motor..

the customers car was a 2003 4runner.
*the first (used) motor has a clutch, and complete (un-cut) wiring harness. (this gen 4runners dosent come with a manual tranny 'that i know of")
*the second motor had a flex plate and also with a complete (un-cut) harness

the harness were diffrent between the two for obvious reasons.
the second harness was a identical match to the orgional..
one motor had a vin # still atached to the motor and i ran the vin through toyota and got all info.. and atached it to the wiring harness.

i used the good parts on the orgional motor to fix the first motor that was damaged.. so its good to go now. :thumb:

corsair23
09-09-2011, 12:58 AM
yep, just depents on your version on (right in) :hill:

More thinking out loud that it might be a fun engine to have in a 40 - never heard of anyone doing that (which means nothing since I don't really follow 40 stuff much :o) but I've always been unimpressed with the 2F in my 40 and I'm definitely not a purist and this is a Toyota engine so you know :rolleyes:

I just don't know what sort of advantages there would be in doing a swap like this nor any clue as to a ballpark cost for the swap or the engine for that matter. Not something I have the skillz to do and not even sure it would mate up to my SM420...

Clint Z
09-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Is the bell housing bolt pattern something close to the Toyota Mini trucks or is it way off. It might be a great swap into my 83 Celica. BTW I am running a W58 on the 22re.

Thanks,
Clint

wesintl
09-09-2011, 03:12 PM
you would have to be crazy to put that mini motor in a perfectly good cruiser :D

Uncle Ben
09-09-2011, 03:39 PM
you would have to be crazy to put that mini motor in a perfectly good cruiser :D

Heaven forbid doubling the hp, 1.5x the torque, dropping 300lbs and doubling the miles per gallon! And it would really suck to not vapor lock at 10k!

subzali
09-09-2011, 04:04 PM
More thinking out loud that it might be a fun engine to have in a 40 - never heard of anyone doing that (which means nothing since I don't really follow 40 stuff much :o) but I've always been unimpressed with the 2F in my 40 and I'm definitely not a purist and this is a Toyota engine so you know :rolleyes:

I just don't know what sort of advantages there would be in doing a swap like this nor any clue as to a ballpark cost for the swap or the engine for that matter. Not something I have the skillz to do and not even sure it would mate up to my SM420...

*ahem* *cough* weber carb *cough* *cough*

Heaven forbid doubling the hp, 1.5x the torque, dropping 300lbs and doubling the miles per gallon! And it would really suck to not vapor lock at 10k!

what's vapor lock? :confused: I've never had that problem? :confused:

TIMZTOY
09-09-2011, 10:19 PM

well said sir !!!!

all aluminum, no it wont bolt right up to the older trannys. but nothing a adaptor cant fix. these motors are very popular to swap..

jeff, just swap out the engine, tranny, transfer. and its a easy swap.. just fab some mounts. S**t you could even fab in the 4.0L gauge cluster, so actualy you were driving a 2003 truck or runner with a 40 body. lol

corsair23
09-10-2011, 01:14 AM
jeff, just swap out the engine, tranny, transfer. and its a easy swap.. just fab some mounts. S**t you could even fab in the 4.0L gauge cluster, so actualy you were driving a 2003 truck or runner with a 40 body. lol

You of all people should know by now that me and the word "fab" don't go hand in hand :lmao: - This isn't something I could do and heaven knows if I tried my kids would be in college before I got around to it :o. I'm wondering if this is a $1 or $2k type swap or something that would cost more than what I paid for the 40, assuming I would need someone (aka you :hill:) to do everything start to finish.

TIMZTOY
09-10-2011, 10:38 AM
well its defentlly a 2-3K + swap , becuase the motor alone is 15-2500.