PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Springs Area

4runner
09-08-2011, 11:08 PM
I'll be heading to Colorado Springs pretty soon to start work on a construction project.

What areas would you all recommend staying away from in that area when looking for housing?

corsair23
09-09-2011, 12:08 AM
You might try the CLC forum over on MUD - most of us live in the Denver metro area so we don't know particulars about the Springs per se...A few folks are down around Monument and some of the CLC guys post up here once in awhile but you're probably likely to get quicker, and more intelligent :hill: responses from the CLC guys :)

http://forum.ih8mud.com/co-colorado-land-cruisers/

SteveH
09-09-2011, 08:41 AM
If you're talking gang activity, I'd stay away from anything south of Maizeland and Academy. Downtown is ok, and most of the stuff north of Austin Bluffs and Academy is fine. CS isn't massively unsafe, but to quote my grandmother 'nothing good ever happens after midnight' - so take that under advisement about hanging out late at night.

The best way to evaluate a neighborhood for renting/owning is to park your car and walk around the block and eyeball the houses and people.

LARGEONE
09-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Stay away from the south side or anything near Ft Carson or Fountain. Anything north of Austin Bluffs is good to go. Also, as long as you're not too far south, most everything west of I-25 is good as well. I lived out near the SkySox baseball stadium (off Powers Blvd) for seven years and had no issues.

Man Jerk
09-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Where is your jobsite?

4runner
09-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Where is your jobsite?

Fort Carson

Man Jerk
09-09-2011, 08:55 PM
I would suggest looking on the west side of town. Closer to the mountains the better, and you will still be near the base.

Are you looking for a motel/hotel or apartment?

4runner
09-10-2011, 06:52 AM
Are you looking for a motel/hotel or apartment?

Apartment, townhome or duplex to rent.