PDA

View Full Version : Saginaw Pumps

rover67
09-09-2011, 10:21 AM
I need a new Power steering pump for my 60. It has a 5.3 vortec motor with a saginaw pump. Stock for a 2003 Silverado.

Should I just get one from the dealer? are rebuilt units acceptable? should I go aftermarket? rebuild myself? I am hesitant about rebuilt units or rebuilding it myself given the nightmare that rebuilding the original toyota pump was and how many napa pumps I went through before just buying a new OEM one...

I have the OEM 60 Steering Gear Box, nothing else fancy. Big power steering cooler.

satchel
09-09-2011, 10:26 AM
I just picked one up at the junk yard when I did my conversion. Is that an option for you or are you worried about how much use they have had? I can pick one up at lunch today and bring it out this weekend to Jenny Creek if that would help you.

Uncle Ben
09-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Get a GM reman.

rover67
09-09-2011, 11:01 AM
what about the PSC pumps? They have a close to stock one that is like $129..

Uncle Ben
09-09-2011, 11:07 AM
what about the PSC pumps? They have a close to stock one that is like $129..

PSC is easy to deal with and awesome customer service! I know they build (rebuild) all the stuff they sell rather than just rebrand so at that price I cant imagine a bad scenario!

PhatFJ
09-13-2011, 09:05 AM
Marco, call these folks and talk to them. They can set you up with exactly what you want.. They are fantastic!

Raven Power Steering Spec
(303) 777-6640
2248 S Delaware St, Denver, CO 80223

rover67
09-13-2011, 10:00 AM
dang.. got a setup from PSC...

rover67
10-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Here is what I ended up getting:

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/80-06-hi-performance-p-series-pump-reservoir-kit-1.html

I went with this because it moves the reservoir to a remote location, has a filter built in, and the pump is maybe a little bit better than stock. The remote reservoir will be nice since ever since I installed the air compressor the stock res was covered up by the compressor bracket.

I'll post up some pics tomorrow. Thanks for all the input so far!

Uncle Ben
10-13-2011, 06:46 AM
Here is what I ended up getting:

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/80-06-hi-performance-p-series-pump-reservoir-kit-1.html

I went with this because it moves the reservoir to a remote location, has a filter built in, and the pump is maybe a little bit better than stock. The remote reservoir will be nice since ever since I installed the air compressor the stock res was covered up by the compressor bracket.

I'll post up some pics tomorrow. Thanks for all the input so far!

Nice! I am very impressed with the PSC pump I have on Wild Rice! Just make sure you carry a high quality surgical glove in your spare parts box! :lmao::lmao::bowdown::wrench:

rover67
10-14-2011, 09:52 AM
It is hard to see what is going on with the pictures since it is all put together now, but it turned out nice. Now the air compressor no longer blocks the reservoir either.

Just a few more things to do before the test drive.