PDA

View Full Version : 1 ton truggy

J Kimmel
09-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Anyone want my truck? :)

Its a 1985 Toyota Pickup, regular cab. I've built this thing from bone stock over the last 5 years, and it flat works. I've been on the all the hardest trails the Hammers, Moab, Montrose, have to offer. I can honestly say "I'm the guy that never breaks." It amazes me every time out, just how well it does.

It has

22re
stock G52 5-speed
Dana 60 front, ARB, 5.86 gears all 35 spline spicer, CTM flanges
Dana 61 rear, Welded, 5.86 gears, Moser 35 spline FF
Dual Marlin Crawler t-cases, 2.28 front, and 4.7 rear
42" Irocs, 80% tread on 17" MRW beadlock wheels
Warn 9.5 XP winch, synthetic line (needs replacing)
3 Link front with a panhard, 16" SAW 2.5 airshocks and SAW 4" air bumps
4 link rear, 16" SAW 2.0 airshocks

112" Wheelbase

I've tuned the shocks, there is very little body roll and I do not run sway bars.
This truck is used, its got lots of character (dents) and needs some TLC. I figured I would toss it up and see what happens. If I don't get any bites than I am going to clean it up with new fenders, new bedsides, etc and sell it in the spring.

What it needs:

timing chain - it rattles, it needs to be changed, but I drive it so rarely I haven't bothered

winch rope - could use a new one

rear air shock - I think it needs a new dust seal, has ever so slight a leak

t-cases - need to be re-sealed, its been sitting in the same spot for 4 months now, and there is about a 6 inch spot under it

steering - I run hydro assist, its slow at speed and has a seep out of the box, but in 5 years of running one tons, 42's, and the hardest trails I can find it works fantastic.

I am located in Lakewood, CO

I am asking 8000 OBO

J Kimmel
09-11-2011, 01:41 PM
couple pics

you won't be disappointed :)

ScaldedDog
09-11-2011, 04:58 PM
????

I can vouch for the fact that it works, but I want you to keep it. What's next?

Mark

J Kimmel
09-11-2011, 05:04 PM
not sure yet...right now I make way too much money to be as broke as I am. I'm doing a little housecleaning/take a break/pay some stuff off and come back to it.

I'll build another, and I have better ideas of how I'd change it :)

TIMZTOY
09-11-2011, 06:07 PM
shoot, just part out all the good stuff, and turn the truck in to a "convertible"... lol

Air Randy
09-11-2011, 07:36 PM
You should keep the front & rear axles and part the rest out. It will cost you almost 4K just to buy then build another D60 for the front just like you have. Rears are easier to find but if it works and matches the front I would keep it.

Someone could pick up the rest from you, throw some Toyota axles under it and have a heck of a wheeling rig for very little money.

TIMZTOY
09-11-2011, 08:00 PM
yoda jims only wants like 100-150 for complete axle hub to hub with out 3rd.. and i have 2 complete OEM 3rd members ill donate to the cause..

J Kimmel
09-11-2011, 08:11 PM
nah, I need the cash. There are enough deals around I'm not worried about building another...maybe it will be with toy axles? :laughing:

Air Randy
09-12-2011, 09:20 AM
right now I make way too much money to be as broke as I am.

Um, I don't know how to break this to you, but your situation is called "being married". :D

TIMZTOY
09-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Um, I don't know how to break this to you, but your situation is called "being married". :D

i second that motion :thumb:

J Kimmel
09-12-2011, 10:56 AM
no, its really more like poor financial planning :shrug:

Uncle Ben
09-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Good timing Kimmel! Your junk got color on page 59 of latest Crawl rag!

TIMZTOY
09-13-2011, 11:55 AM
no, its really more like poor financial planning

lol or lack there of... :p: i can totally relate :cool:

J Kimmel
09-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Good timing Kimmel! Your junk got color on page 59 of latest Crawl rag!

Bummer not in the stands yet :(

Uncle Ben
09-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Bummer not in the stands yet :(

It just showed up in my mail box yesterday.

Uncle Ben
09-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Hey dude.....I'll give you $2k cash for the loaded Dana's with wheels and tires! ;)

J Kimmel
09-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Hey dude.....I'll give you $2k cash for the loaded Dana's with wheels and tires! ;)

5K more and you can take the whole thing with you and finally make it over those rocks :)

Uncle Ben
09-13-2011, 05:14 PM
5K more and you can take the whole thing with you and finally make it over those rocks :)

Only rocks I have been denied on this year were in South Dakota and you're too scared to go up there! :lmao::p:

J Kimmel
10-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Ttt

Uncle Ben
10-25-2011, 10:20 AM
I can't believe this rig is not sold yet! I have wheeled with this truck and it even makes Jeremy look like a good driver! :lmao::lmao: Seriously, the thing is ready to take on any trail in Colorado right now! :thumb::thumb: :bowdown::wrench:

RockRunner
10-27-2011, 09:23 PM
I can't believe this rig is not sold yet! I have wheeled with this truck and it even makes Jeremy look like a good driver! :lmao::lmao: Seriously, the thing is ready to take on any trail in Colorado right now! :thumb::thumb: :bowdown::wrench:

I second that, I have driven this myself and it runs and crawls like the best of them. :thumb:

Uncle Ben
10-27-2011, 09:24 PM
I second that, I have driven this myself and it runs and crawls like the best of them. :thumb:

I might add that even though Tom drove it it is still running! That speaks volumns! :lmao: :p::D :bolt:

J Kimmel
10-28-2011, 12:16 AM
yes it can in fact stand up to whatever Tom can throw at it :)

heading to Moab in a week, bring your checkbook and come test it out :)

RockRunner
10-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Just call me "crash test Tom"

Air Randy
10-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Just call me "crash test Tom"

Yeah, just don't let "Crash Test Tom" drive your Porsche :D

leiniesred
10-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Jkimmel's truggy flat out works.

I've been in the passenger seat and we went down some ledges that made me feel physically ill. My truck would have been a gonner for sure dropping off that ledge, but this truggy is so well balanced that it drove right on out.

About 10 minutes later we were going way too fast on the whoops and were slamming from lip to lip. Sunglasses flew off, everything loose in the cab was airborn, but the truck was just fine. Sure the suspension is tuned more for crawling than pre-running, but everything is built so tough that you can step way outside the design and things hold together just fine.

Uncle Ben
10-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Jkimmel's truggy flat out works.

I've been in the passenger seat and we went down some ledges that made me feel physically ill. My truck would have been a gonner for sure dropping off that ledge, but this truggy is so well balanced that it drove right on out.

About 10 minutes later we were going way too fast on the whoops and were slamming from lip to lip. Sunglasses flew off, everything loose in the cab was airborn, but the truck was just fine. Sure the suspension is tuned more for crawling than pre-running, but everything is built so tough that you can step way outside the design and things hold together just fine.

It should be yours Rudester!

Uncle Ben
11-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Bump for a great deal on a ready to rock truck!