PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 2 Goodyear MTR (older version) 35's

Rezarf
09-15-2011, 10:49 PM
I am on the hunt for two Goodyear MTR's in 35x12.5x15 in the old style.

If you see any pop up or know where to look, I'd be grateful.

I have 7 right now, 4 on the rig, 1 spare, and 2 on the trailer. If I can find another decent pair and start rotating them all, I can stall the inevitable... having to replace them all with something that matches.

Thanks! :thumb:

Red_Chili
09-16-2011, 06:38 AM
When my son's father in law shot my right front tire (seriously... :eek:) last year I shook every virtual rug and looked high and low... and found two. I think the inevitable has come.

And one of the ones I found was brand new - but from the era when Goodyear had trouble making them round and balanced. So that one is my spare. And my struggles with that production run have returned. :rolleyes:

I have one 2/3 worn as an emergency backup, but it is staying in my garage rafters. I just don't wear out tires on the Chili very fast (if I can remember to check the toe before hunting in Wyoming that is.... :lmao:).

Rezarf
09-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Bill, I sadly think you're right. I LOVE the MTR's they were really quiet and for as much wheelin' as I do they wore really really well. I am going to swap my cherry ones over from my trailer and put the most worn set on the trailer and start saving up for the switch over which is down the road a bit.