PDA

View Full Version : Lock Smith help...

kurtnkegger
09-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Anyone know of a decent locksmith that can pick, and rekey some door lock cylinders? I've seen people post they have had the same thing done for about $20 a door, but my lowest quote was $40 a door. If you know a locksmith that would do it for the 20 mark, shout out please!!

I already have the locks out and ready for work...

Thanks!

Jacket
09-19-2011, 04:46 PM
What part of town?

kurtnkegger
09-19-2011, 05:18 PM
I s'pose that would help...Arvada...But I don't have a problem going anywhere in the metro area if the price is right...These door are nickle and diming me to death...

kurtnkegger
09-21-2011, 01:58 PM
OK, Got a meggage that Ige might be able to help out with a locksmith...How do I get a hold of Ige? Can't find her on the members list...

Help, anyone??

Art Volmer
09-21-2011, 02:10 PM
she goes by nuclear lemon on our forum

BreckBJ44
09-21-2011, 11:03 PM
If Ige can't help you I have a friend that is a locksmith that can do it... Very good business and very reputable.

Inukshuk
09-22-2011, 12:15 AM
If they are out it should just be a re-key. Cylinders disassemble from the rear. House cylinders are $5 each at Home Depot/ Vehicles should not be much more if you take them somewhere. What type are we talking about?

kurtnkegger
09-22-2011, 03:58 PM
They are the cylinders from some FJ40 doors I'm fixing up for winter driving. I'm using them with a soft top, and really don't absolutely need the key to work as I could open the top, and let myself in if locked...but thought it would be nice to avoid a dog and pony show if accidentally locked. I want to re-key to the ignition so I don't have to carry multiple keys. The doors I'm working on never came with keys, so the cylinders need picked. I can't see how they disassemble from the rear...I took them down as far as I could trying to do this myself, but was shut out.

Kraig, if you give me your friends number, I'll call. I haven't heard from Ige...her box is full, and had to send a message from Mud...

Thanks!

BreckBJ44
09-22-2011, 08:45 PM
PMing you the number. If they can't help you, they can definitely put you in the right direction...

kurtnkegger
09-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Thanks Kraig, Ige PM'd me on Mud, and gave me a name. If that doesn't pan out, I'll give your friend a ring. It's here in town, so I'll try it first.

I appreciate the help!!

kurtnkegger
09-27-2011, 07:02 PM
I dropped off the lock cylinders and key that needs to fit today at the locksmith. They are going to do it for 25 to 30 bucks for the pair!!

It's so unusual for a locksmith to have an actual brick and mortar address to go to.

Just in case anyone needs something...

http://www.direslockandkey.net/