PDA

View Full Version : Boulder Ranger District Meeting 9/22/11

rover67
09-24-2011, 01:07 AM
Howdy Folks,

The September Boulder Ranger district was pretty light in attendance, I think I was one of 4 people there. The season is winding down and we are thinking about what we will start working on next year already. If you have suggestions or projects in mind please get involved :)

The last meeting for the year will be October 27th at the BRD offices at 5:00pm. After that we'll take a few months off as it will be winter time and most of the district will be snow covered.

SO what did we talk about? well, a few interesting things....

For one, on October 4th at 4:30pm at the BRD offices there will be a stakeholder meeting for the Lefthand Canyon OHV area. Basically they are going to be looking for feedback from users to see what's been working and what hasn't been over the last few years. They are looking for just a few representatives from the different recreational areas to be represented, I don't think they are looking for a huge crowd. If we could have one person maybe go from our club I think it'd be good.

The yearly Lefthand Canyon cleanup day is scheduled for October 1st from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Swing by and help out if you can, all help is appreciated. Meet at the main OHV staging area. They've got Moe's bagels and a big dumpster to fill.

No progress on Winch Anchors on Ice Spyder or Firemans Ladder.

I reported on our Jenny Creek work day, and spoke about the routes that may potentially need signing near the bottom. I will work with the BRD to put a Signing day on the books for next season so we can get up there and clarify the proper route.

And... Here's the big one........

Apparently Middle St. Vrain has been getting pretty torn up. Lots of stuff being bypassed, and side routes being illegally explored. It sounds like Cat has threatened to close it due to resource damage unless something is done about it all soon. Since we still have some time on the calendar for the year as far as wheeling there goes, it needs to be addressed. Adam Mehlberg of the Trail Ridge Runners (who also heads the BRD Meetings) has set a date to head up there and address everything he can with whoever shows up. If you'd like to help out, the work is scheduled to be on October 8th meeting at 10:00am at the Middle St. Vrain parking area.

That is all,
Marco

rover67
09-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Go here to find out more info on the Left Hand Canyon Cleanup on October 1st:

http://www.bouldercountytrailriders.com/

Is anybody even thinking of making up to MSV?

Uncle Ben
09-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Go here to find out more info on the Left Hand Canyon Cleanup on October 1st:

http://www.bouldercountytrailriders.com/

Is anybody even thinking of making up to MSV?

I've used up all my easy to get hall passes. Would love to head up to MSV on the 8th but I'll have to see what it will cost me.... :rolleyes: :bowdown::Princess::hill:

rover67
09-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Understood!!

But, there are lots of other folks that I haven't seen on any cleanup/FS project runs this season in the club too....

60wag
09-26-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm thinking about the MSV project. I haven't been up there recently and want to help keep that route open.

ColoradoTrailPatrol
09-27-2011, 02:14 PM
We are also going to be at the MSV project. With a good turnout, the fencing should go up quickly.

Also, Boulder Ranger District is holding a Lefthand Travel Management review meeting (at their headquarters) on October 4th, 4:30-6:30. This is an extension of the shooting review that is ongoing. It would be great for anyone who can to make it, so that the OHV community is well represented.